Challenge of the GoBots cartoon
After the Robo Rebels were arrested on suspicion of attacking Zeemon, they escaped to prove their innocence. Night Ranger and Mach-3 confronted the cadets outside the Gobotron Stockades, but they could not prevent their escape.
Night Ranger and Dumper were guarding a Guardian storage facility on Gobotron when Heart Attack and Clutch assaulted it. They overwhelmed the two guards and made off with the broken components of the Puzzler combiner.
In short, Night Ranger is a terrible guard.
"Echoes and Fragments"
Sideways and Gong began playing with universal streams, causing elements of the GoBots and their history to merge with a Transformers universe during the latter's first encounter with Unicron. As a result, Jazz and Cliffjumper were intermittently replaced by Turbo and Night Ranger aboard Moonbase One during Unicron's approach to Cybertron.
- Night Ranger (GoBot, 1984)
- Friendly Robot Motorcycle
- ID number: 30
- A blue redeco of the Machine Robo Harley Robo toy, Night Ranger converts from robot to Harley Davidson Electra Glide motorcycle.
- Harley Man (Machine Men, 1984)
- Friendly Robot (1984)
- ID Number: 22
- The fourth toy from the fourth wave of figures, Harley Man was released by Bandai Australia in 1984. He remained identical to the original white Harley Robo toy, albeit packaged on a blue backing card.
- Later in 1984, the figure was re-released with his GoBots name and faction on a new black backing card depicting a yellow-tinted alien landscape. A running change in 1985 saw the figure replaced with its blue variant.
- Night Ranger's Cybertronian-style body from the "Cataclysm universe" is modeled on that of Lugnutz, from the Transformers: Cybertron toyline. A cancelled redeco of Lugnutz called Backtrack would have been released for the 2007 Transformers movie toyline as an homage to Night Ranger. Cataclysm Night Ranger ultimately used a similar but different color scheme than that of the cancelled Backtrack.