Tank is a Renegade.
Challenge of the GoBots cartoon
Tank was a member of the Renegades bunkered down in their fortress as the Guardians lay siege to their position. Cy-Kill later summoned him to Earth via Astro-Beam. Tank assisted Cop-Tur and the mesmerized human military in hunting down Turbo and Scooter, the only active Guardians left on the planet. In a major city, Tank's guided energy blasts seemingly destroyed the duo by collapsing a subway on them. As the Astro-Beam reverted, Tank returned to the siege on the Renegade fortress. he reassured Fitor that while they may have lost the battle on GoBotron, Cy-Kill was prepared to win the war.
Tank was one of the Renegades who assisted Fitor in searching for Cy-Kill when the overlord's Thruster went missing.
"Brain Problem Situation"
When the Autobot Spy Changers arrived on Strata 22, Tank was one of Cy-Kill's Renegades who helped drive off the Guardians during a misunderstanding between them and the Spy Changers, and tried to forge an alliance with the dimensional invaders.
"Echoes and Fragments"
Later, after Zero tossed the injured Megatron out of the fleeing Astrotrain, the Renegades began debating their new leader. Tank scoffed at the idea of following an egghead like Dr. Go, and a power struggle broke out between various candidates.
- Tank (GoBots, 1983)
- Enemy Robot Destroyer
- ID number: 02
- Accessories: double shot gun, double shot lazer gun
- A repackaged release of Popy's Battle Robo from the Machine Robo line, Tank converts from robot to futuristic siege vehicle, a GoBotic Pulverizer Mark VII tank according to Cy-Kill.
- Tank Man (Machine Men, 1983/1984)
- Enemy Robot (1984)
- ID number: 02
- Accessories: small laser cannon, large laser cannon
- The second toy from the original six figure wave, Tank Man was released by Bandai Australia during the second quarter of 1983. He remained identical to the original Battle Robo toy, albeit packaged on a blue backing card.
- In 1984, the figure was re-released with his GoBots name and faction on a new black backing card depicting a blue-tinted alien landscape.
- Tank (Robo Machine, 1983)
- ID Number: RM-02
- Accessories: cannons (2)
- A carded repackage of Battle Robo featuring a new starfield-style background, Tank was released by Bandai Europe during the latter half of 1983. The figure was later re-released as part of the second wave on a blue backing card.