From GoBots WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Airdate||November 7, 1985|
|Written by||Al Pegal|
Those darn kids, with their loud music and their alpha frequency spectrometers....
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- This is one of only a few episodes not to feature A.J. and Matt.
- If Guardians run on Alpha frequencies, and Renegades run on Beta frequencies, and both read outs are visible inside their chest, then GoBots actually have a Good/Evil display that can be checked at any time. Think of how useful this would have been to consult in It's the Thought that Counts, Cy-Kill's Cataclysmic Trap, Wolf in the Fold...
- The Guardians, UNECOM, even Nick are remarkably dismissive of Buddy. She crippled the entire Guardian command team by accident, then offers to do the same thing to the Renegades and they're, like, "Eh...maybe when you're older, kid."
- Gadgets and Powers:
- Scooter creates an illusion of their fiery wreck when he and Nick jump onto a moving train car.
- Scooter also seems to have a highly effective blaster in his fingertip. And his eyes.
Animation and technical errors
- During Buddy's interrogation scene, UNECOM is supposed to be shining a bright light in her face to make her talk. The problem is General Newcastle stands in front of the lamp and no light is drawn emitting from it, so the room is just...dark.
- As occasionally happens during the series, the faceless Super GoBots like Zeemon and Doctor Go appear unusually small in this episode.
- Doctor Go mistakenly appears on the Guardians Council. The German accent shows up later, so it was presumably meant to be Professor Von Joy.
- The other Council members also appear off-model in the first shot, with Dozer having an abnormally thick head and Rest Q's head seems to have been replaced with a beach cooler. There's a bizarre, 2-D complexion when Blaster makes them march, and Road Ranger spontaneously appears half way through the scene, too. Then the Council is reduced to mostly generics as they approach the Commander Center.
- Cop-Tur's mouth doesn't move for his last line.
- Leader-1's shoulder flaps disappear when talking to Buddy at the end.