|First published||December 29, 2015|
|Story by||Jim Sorenson and Chris McFeely|
|Written by||Jim Sorenson|
The Master Renegade returns, and the Robo Rebels are on the run!
Locked in the GoBotron Stockades, the cadets tried to convince Major Mo of their innocence. He does, but cannot set them free. Bladez assumed control of the Guardian Council with Zeemon's incapacitation, and was prepping the fleet for a major offensive. Bent Wing and the rebels once again decide to break free and look for evidence. They visit Bladez's residence, only to discover him and the Master Renegade in cahoots. The Master Renegade called Cy-Kill to inform him of their plot to send half the Command Center fleet to a specific location, where Cy-Kill and the Renegades could ambush them. The cadets were noticed by the Master Renegade, and he sent Creepy to dispose of them. Bent Wing and her friends managed to avoid capture by Creepy, but he delayed them long enough that they could not reach the GoBotron Fortress before the mission launched. Contrary to what the Master Renegade said, the entire Command Center fleet was flying away!
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- Challenge of the GoBots Season 2 was a virtual continuation of the original show related by Vector Prime (from his multiversal perspective) and Cy-Kill (who lived it).
- In realities where this story aired on television, it premiered on October 28, 1986.
- This episode title was first released in an Ask Vector Prime post on December 21, 2015.
- Zeemon and Leader-1 are mentioned in the narrative, but do not appear.
- Creepy appeared in two contradictory episodes from the original series. In "Guardian Academy", he was a member of the Renegades. In "Quest for New Earth", he was a Monster GoBot loyalist of the Master Renegade. Renegade Rhetoric continuity follows the latter episode, consistently portraying Creepy and Bladez as third-party lackeys of the Master Renegade.