Quest for New Earth
From GoBots WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|"Quest for New Earth"|
|Airdate||December 13, 1985|
|Written by||Jeff Segal, Kelly Ward, John Loy|
New Earth, new beginnings, same old Renegades.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- Leader-1 refers to the "new" Guardians (Throttle, Tri-Trak, and Twister) getting their "first" taste of battle. That indicates this episode directly follows their graduation in "Guardian Academy", and precedes the other previously aired episodes starring Tri-Trak and Twister.
- Gadgets and Powers:
- Creepy can cast an energized net to capture his prey.
- Vamp once again demonstrates mesmerizing powers to capture the captain's gaze.
- She also summons her force field again for protection against blaster fire.
- Cop-Tur doesn't recognize the new Guardians, even though they were instrumental in the defeat of the Renegades at their graduation ceremony. Though, admittedly, Cop-Tur never was none too bright to begin with.
- However, there's no reason why he should recognize Throttle, who wasn't with the Secret Riders' graduating class in the first place. Throttle appears replacing Tork and the erroneous Staks who graduated with Tri-Trak and Twister in "Guardian Academy". Their disappearance and Throttle's arrival receive no explanation.
- Creepy's appearance creates an irreconcilable continuity glitch with "Guardian Academy". Creepy was a Monster Renegade who attacked the Secret Riders before their graduation ceremony in that episode. Here, however, the Secret Riders are fully Modified members of the Guardians, yet Creepy is not yet a Renegade and in fact leaves Antares-III for what seems to be the first time.
Animation and technical errors
- When the Last Engineer tempts fate praying for the Master Renegade's eternal imprisonment, Tri-Trak is uncommonly short, perhaps even smaller than Scooter.
- Next, the Monster Renegades are...monstrous and towering over poor Stretch.
- As Creepy disables Roguestar's stealth device, it briefly switches back to the part-asteroid design it had during the GoBotron Saga. This old design resurfaces several times during the episode.
- The New Earth colonists don't so much walk out of the Command Center as drag their static animation cels towards the bottom of the ramp.
- Scorp is in creature mode when he attacks Cy-Kill, but his robot head is visible instead of his monster one.
- Scorp's left arm is missing when Cy-Kill calls them back to his side.
- Vamp converts without turning around again, leaving her robot face on the front of her car mode.