Police Robo (MRR)
|This article is about the Machine Robo Rescue character. For other uses, see Police Robo (disambiguation).|
—Police Robo's battle-cry
Police Robo is Leader Robo of the Police Team and his Robo Master is Makoto Aikawa. He can combine with his Bike Robo Supporter Robo to form Hyper Police Robo. He has a reverence for rules and procedure, though he is slightly more flexible than his Robo Master in this respect.
As a Leader Robo he is capable of summoning a ZONE. In Hyper Mode he can use Finger Flash and Backfire attacks.
Fiction[edit | edit source]
Machine Robo Rescue cartoon[edit | edit source]
- Voice actor: Masato Amada
Police Robo was one of the first Machine Robo to be activated. Like Fire Robo and Drill Robo, he reacted with shock when Jet Robo unilaterally declared an Emergency Level S, following the instinct of Taiyoh Ohzora, believing they couldn't just follow a feeling. The other Leader Robo were quick to note that his upstanding personality was a good match with that of Makoto, though Police Robo was personally disappointed with the cadet losing his cool with Taiyoh. Nevertheless the pair went into action together when a police chase escalated into a multiple pile-up. Police Robo and Makoto headed for the centre of the accident where two motorists were trapped. A Gura Gorro then attacked, and Police Robo activated a ZONE to keep him busy. While Makoto got the civilians clear Police Robo unsuccessfully tried to reason with the attacker. As a result once the injured were safe Makoto activated his Hyper Mode, and he disarmed the Gura Gorro before binding it in police tape, forcing Jay to call a retreat. The actions of Blue Sirens were later praised in a news report from Cutie Kumamoto. Police Robo later watched the Supporter Robo races that formed part of the Robo Masters' training, and wished Drill Robo good luck when he set off on his first mission. Despite again cautioning Jet for launching rashly, he later provided moral support for Taiyoh when he made an emergency landing in the Sky Dolphin remote control cargo plane. Police Robo was later inveigled into helping the cadets search for Laura, the missing cat of a young boy from Tokyo called Hideki. During the hunt he started an unfortunate woman by asking for her help, inadvertently catching a burglar. When Laura was located Police Robo gave chase, startling the driver of the van with the cat onboard into thinking he was being chased by the actual police. The resulting chase attracted the attention of a Gura Gorro, and Police Robo broke off to set up a ZONE to keep it from interfering. After Makoto activated his Hyper Mode he was able to defeat the attacker - though ironically it was Jay who returned Laura to an unwitting Taiyoh. Police Robo was then part of the MRR response to the eruption of Kaga Mountain, helping evacuate those threatened by the lava before switching to Hyper Mode along with Fire Robo and Drill Robo to enact Daichi Hayami's plan to form a barrier. After the operation, Makoto was assigned as his permanent Robo Master.
Musashi Miyajima used Police Robo to drive Taiyoh to join the Jet Team in Ōguchi Valley after the cadet had a crisis of confidence. After a Gura Gorro leeched a huge amount of power from Sunrise Dam and became too bloated to move the Police Team were sent in to deal with it. However, the overflowing electricity gave the Gura Gorro enough juice to prevent Police Robo from summoning a ZONE or entering Hyper Mode. Thankfully Sasaki had arranged to call in Gyro Robo as back-up, and he instead activated a ZONE and defeated the attacker. He and Makoto later arrived to help the Gyro Team after a Gura Gorro attacked and trapped Masayoshi Utada under a fallen crane. At the MRR open day Hyper Police Robo lost a mock battles against Hyper Jet Robo but took victory in a bout with Hyper Fire Robo. After Jay recovered Stealth Robo's K-BOY and was able to unlock his Hyper Mode, Police Robo and Drill Robo were sent to the Machine AI Laboratory to back up the overwhelmed Jet. When the time they arrived the Disasters left, having achieved their goal for the day. The Blue Sirens team were assigned to security of the new Takion high-speed train, with Makoto following the maiden voyage in Police Robo. When the train was hijacked Makoto was lowered onboard by Gyro Robo and soon took out the hijackers themselves - who didn't realise that their sponsor Jay had put an actual working bomb onboard. Alice and Tsuyoshi activated Siren Galley Robo to divert the train to a looped trap while Susumu deactivated the device. Police Robo switched to Hyper Mode to help the rescue and ward off Stealth Robo.
Like the other Leader Robo, Police Robo was perplex by new recruit Submarine Robo's reluctance to join the others in the hangar. After Taiyoh and Jet Robo were knocked out of orbit by Stealth Robo battling near Ikaros 1 in Earth orbit, Police Robo joined the response. The massed number of MRR Machine Robo were able to persuade Stealth Robo to keep his distance, allowing Taiyoh and the Jet Team to be recovered. At Charmy Sato's Who is the MVP? award show he was given a comedy award for his accidental foiling of a burglar while searching for Laura. While Makoto was irritated Police Robo was pleased, believing it made it clear he could be approachable. After Colonel Hazard announced his arrival by creating several disasters, the Police Team were sent to help those affected by a pile-up he caused. He was loaded onboard Machine Commander when Hazard used the Catfish against the Republic of Bolare in South America. He activated a ZONE to keep BL Fire Robo away from the incident until the scene was safe enough for Machine Commander Robo to join him, leading to victory. He later boarded Machine Commander again along with Jet Robo and Submarine Robo to help retake the communications airship Uranos 2, which had been taken over by Hazard and BL Police Robo. Makoto was then able to use Machine Commander Robo to drive off the BL Machine Robo.
When Makoto discussed his father's offer of a transfer to the Metropolitan Police Force with Police Robo the Leader Robo told him it was a decision he would have to make for himself. He joined the other Leader Robo in embarrassing Makoto by making a huge banner to wish him luck on his date with Aki Saotome. During their date, Makoto played as Police Robo on an MRR-themed arcade game, but was defeated by Aki playing as an Aider Robo. When the young doctor was trapped by a blaze at Rinkai General Hospital, Hyper Police Robo helped in the rescue attempts. While Aki died of a long-term illness moments after she was evacuated her words convinced Makoto to remain with MRR and continue to save lives. Police Robo later joined the efforts to save Hinosuke from a mudslide, working with Machine Commander Robo to safely evacuate the citizens. The Police Team were unable to help Red Wings in the Amazon as they were required to help with a situation at Banana Bank. Police Robo visited the Machine AI Laboratory to have maintenance checks carried out, and joining his fellow Leader Robo in bemusement when he found Professor Tōru Suidōbashi and the cadets engaged in a bizarre salute initiated by Sayuri Suizenji.
After Jay and the rebuilt V Stealth Robo were accepted into MRR, the Leader Robo pondered which team they would join. Hell Island and Machine Commander Robo was blasted when he arrived. Thankfully V Stealth Robo came to help, proving his worth in helping Machine Commander Robo defeat BL Fire Robo. Police Robo joined the callout when Hayami Heavy Industries came under Gura Gorro attack. Along with the other Leader Robo, Police Robo was disabled by a freak resonance when the liner Poseidon's engine was damaged by a collision with an oil tanker near Rescue Headquarters. The cadets swung into action with just the Supporter Robo while the Professor worked on the problem.However, they found the rebuilt V Stealth Robo's lack of team spirit off-putting. Along with Drill Robo and Jet Robo, he was loaded onboard Machine Commander to investigate a trio of typhoons. However, they had been caused by
After Makoto and Jay were accidentally launched onto Hell Island the rest of MRR tried to mount a rescue, though Jet and Gyro Robo were unable to penetrate the heavy storms surrounding the flying Disasters base. Instead Police Robo was able to perform an EX Combination with Stealth Robo, holding off the Mame Gorro guards long enough for their Robo Masters to get to safety. As Kaiser-G's plans reached fruition and he threatened the island of Kanameshima all of MRR were scrambled to try and stop him. However, even in Hyper Mode he was unable to do much against Kaiser-G. Jet and V Stealth continued to attack but were again easily defeated, and knocked into a volcano. The rest of MRR were forced to withdraw and deal with the catastrophes caused by Kaiser-G triggering numerous other volcanos on the Pacific ring of fire. He later joined the team sent to recover Taiyoh and Jay from Kanameshima, though Kaiser-G was able to move on to Tokyo, setting the meteorite Tartarus on a collision course with Earth. All of MRR scrambled to fight him but Hyper Police Robo again found himself unable to combat Kaiser-G, who was eventually defeated by the joint efforts of the cadets, Hyper Shuttle Robo, V Stealth Robo and Machine Commander Robo. The defeat of Kaiser-G and the Disasters didn't end MRR's work, however, and even on the day of their graduation Police Robo and Makoto had to deal with a runaway truck.
Following the formation of International Hyper Rescue, the Police Team followed Makoto across to the Metropolitan Police Force, where Sasaki was creating a new Machine Robo Division. Despite a brief run-in with the Professor's latest creation Air Leon the unit's first mission of successfully escorting Sayuri, now Prime Minister of Japan, to a conference where she announced the future plans to further expand International Hyper Rescue.
Toys[edit | edit source]
Machine Robo Rescue[edit | edit source]
Rescue Combination[edit | edit source]
- Police Robo (2002)
- ID number: 02
- Accessories: none
- Police Robo was released in Bandai's Machine Robo Rescue toyline in December 2002, and converts from robot to police car mode. The toy was packed with four near-identical Bike Robo Supporter Robo, which can combine with the robot mode to form Hyper Police Robo. Only the number on the chest of each Support Robo is different, but they are designed so that either can form an arm or a leg for the Hyper Mode. Due to the line's emphasis on compatibility these can be switched with any other Supporter Robo. Police Robo has articulation at the shoulders, and like the Machine Robo GP version of Police Robo the robot mode's head is styled like a police officer's cap. The set retailed at ¥2500. Police Robo was later recoloured as BL Police Robo and as part of the Machine Robo Variations Blazing Color set.
- Like the rest of Machine Robo Rescue, Police Robo was not released outside of Japan.
Machine Robo Variations[edit | edit source]
- Blazing Color ( 2003)
- Accessories: none
- A recoloured Police Robo was also sold as part of the Machine Robo Variations Blazing Color set released in November 2003, with a new red and white colour scheme. The set also included two appropriately recoloured versions of each of Bike Robo, Aider Robo, Bulldozer Robo and Sky Robo. The set retailed at ¥3980.
Leader Robo[edit | edit source]
- Police Robo (2003)
- Accessories: none
- Also as part of the ground-laying for Mugenbine unchanged Police Robo was also sold separately without the Support Robo from December 27, 2003 as the Leader Robo plugs being compatible with the ports of Mugenbine sets. The figure retailed at ¥800.
Merchandise[edit | edit source]
Super Performance![edit | edit source]
- Police Team Set (2003)
- Two figurines of Police Robo were included in the Super Performance figure sets - one of the character in robot mode, the other in his jet mode. The Police Team set also included figurines of the four Bike Robo and a Gura Gorro. The set was sold in a round plastic tub styled after the Rescue Headquarters launch tower, and retailed at ¥1200.
DX Machine Robo Rescue[edit | edit source]
- Police Robo (2003)
- Part of the first series of DX Machine Robo Rescue candy toys, Police Robo was a non-converting plastic model of the character in Hyper Mode configuration with limited painted details. The arms and legs could be detached and switched with the limbs of any other figure in the range. The figure also came with small unpainted versions of Police Robo in both his robot and jet modes. It was later recoloured as BL Police Robo for the second series. Each blind-boxed figure retailed at ¥300.
Sortie! Machine Robo Rescue Real Collection[edit | edit source]
- Police Robo (2003)
- Part of the first series of Sortie! Machine Robo Rescue Real Collection figurines, Police Robo was a non-converting model of the character in Hyper Mode configuration with painted details. The arms and legs could be detached and switched with the limbs of any other figure in the range. It was later recoloured as BL Police Robo for the second series. Each blind-boxed figure retailed at ¥200.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Supplemental material gives Jet Robo's height as 7.6m and weight as 9t and Hyper Police Robo's height as 12.6m and weight as 46.2t.
- While Police Robo uses the code MR-02 in the toyline he's consistently shown as using MR-04 in fictional material, such as monitor read-outs and bumpers from the show.