And Taiyoh is Fine!
|"And Taiyoh is Fine!" |
("Taiyō wa genkidesu!")
|Airdate||April 9, 2003|
|Written by||Takao Yoshioka|
|Directed by||Takeyuki Sadohara|
It's open day at Rescue Headquarters. Have fun with your family, orphan-boy.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
A public festival is being held at Rescue Headquarters, the first since Machine Robo Rescue came into being, with parents and other visitors invited over. At the presentation of the cadets, Lin's family embarrass her with their loud, gong-involving antics, while Ken's mother is surprised to find out there's no parent/child egg race at the event, while Daichi is disappointed by his parents not turning up, while Taiyoh is saddened at his lack of family. Shō meanwhile complains that Yellow Gears only have one Machine Robo, compared to the two of the other teams.
Later the families visit the dormitory for a meal, though Daichi notices Taiyoh is eating outside with only Bone for company. He tells Daichi about the plane accident that killed his parents, and how he keeps upbeat and joined MRR in their memory. Just then Daichi's father belatedly appears, though his mother is away filming. After lunch a simulated battle is set up for the visitors within a ZONE, commentated on by Shō and Ken. The first match is between Hyper Fire Robo and Hyper Gyro Robo, won by the Red Wings Machine Robo. Hyper Police Robo and Hyper Jet Robo, but it looks like another defeat for Blue Sirens thanks to the Jet Puncher attack, but Police Robo then beats Fire Robo in the next match. Hyper Drill Robo battles Jet next, with Taiyoh considering intentionally losing as Daichi's father is watching. However, the encouragement of the cadets and the appearance of Zenjiro, Satoko and Bone with a banner snaps him out of his funk and Daichi's words make him use his full ability. After a tight battle Jet wins again - but Daichi notices his father is still proud of him. The crowd cheers for MRR before the families return home. Asked about the meaning of family by the Machine Robo, Taiyoh explains that Machine Robo Rescue are a family before the cadets head off together for dinner.
Featured characters[edit | edit source]
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
|Machine Robo Rescue||Others|
Notes[edit | edit source]
Continuity notes[edit | edit source]
- Ace's father is a firefighter in America, and is too busy to attend the festival.
- Alice's father is also unable to attend due to less understandable stage commitments.
- Kai's parents and his two younger siblings all look exactly like him, right down to the quiff.
- As could be expected, Ken's mother is very beautiful and very, very stupid.
- A squad of guys in suits film Sayuri's part in the presentation, presumably for her distant parents.
- Who gets to demonstrate the Hyper Modes at the presentation was decided by the cadets playing rock-paper-scissors.
- The accident that killed Taiyoh's parents happened 4 years previously, so when he was around 6 years old. He has very little memory of the events.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- With no Disasters or disasters, copious use of stock footage (the individual transformations and combinations aren't as indulgent as those in other series, but stacked together it must eat up several minutes of this episode), the action confined to the familiar MRR backgrounds of Rescue Headquarters and a simple plot even by Machine Robo Rescue standards, this episode is somewhere between a clip show and a bottle show, either to keep costs down or to act as a jumping-on point for new viewers.
- As such it's nice to at least get a bit more on the family backgrounds of some of the kids.
Foreign localization[edit | edit source]
- Title: "And the Sun Shines"
- Original airdate: ?
Home video releases[edit | edit source]