Bike Robo (MRR)
|This article is about the Machine Robo Rescue character. For the character from the 1980s Machine Robo franchises, see Bike Robo.|
Fiction[edit | edit source]
Machine Robo Rescue cartoon[edit | edit source]
- Voice actor: Hiroomi Sugino
The Blue Sirens first went into action when a police chase escalated into a multiple pile-up. While Police Robo and Makoto headed for the centre of the accident where two motorists were trapped, the Bike Robo worked with Alice, Susumu and Tsuyoshi to clear debris, before being summoned to the ZONE to form Hyper Police Robo when the scene came under Gura Gorro attack. The actions of Blue Sirens were later praised in a news report from Cutie Kumamoto. A Bike Robo later took part in a race as a drill for the Robo Masters' training. They again joined Police Robo in Hyper Mode to battle a Gura Gorro that tried to disrupt the team's search for Laura, a cat belonging to a boy named Hideki. The Bike Robo were then part of the MRR response to the eruption of Kaga Mountain, helping evacuate those threatened by the lava before joining with Police Robo in Hyper Mode along with Fire Robo and Drill Robo to enact Daichi Hayami's plan to form a barrier. After the operation, Makoto was assigned as the Police Team's permanent Robo Master.
At the MRR open day Hyper Police Robo lost a mock battles against Hyper Jet Robo but took victory in a bout with Hyper Fire Robo. Jay recovered Stealth Robo's K-BOY and was able to unlock his Hyper Mode, Police and Drill Robo were sent to the Machine AI Laboratory to back up the overwhelmed Jet, with both converting to Hyper Mode. When the time they arrived the Disasters left, having achieved their goal for the day. The Blue Sirens team were assigned to security of the new Takion high-speed train, with Makoto following the maiden voyage in Police Robo with the Bike Robo following in formation. When the train was hijacked Makoto was lowered onboard by Gyro Robo and soon took out the hijackers themselves - who didn't realise that their sponsor Jay had put an actual working bomb onboard. Alice and Tsuyoshi activated Siren Galley Robo to divert the train to a looped trap while Susumu deactivated the device. Police Robo switched to Hyper Mode to help the rescue and ward off Stealth Robo. After Taiyoh and Jet Robo were knocked out of orbit by Stealth Robo battling near Ikaros 1 in Earth orbit, Police Robo joined the response in Hyper Mode. The massed number of MRR Machine Robo were able to persuade Stealth Robo to keep his distance, allowing Taiyoh and the Jet Team to be recovered. After Colonel Hazard announced his arrival by creating several disasters, the Police Team were sent to help those affected by a pile-up he caused. The Police Team were unable to help Red Wings in the Amazon as they were required to help with a situation at Banana Bank. Along with the other Leader Robo, Police Robo was disabled by a freak resonance when the liner Poseidon's engine was damaged by a collision with an oil tanker near Rescue Headquarters. The cadets swung into action with just the Supporter Robo while Professor Tōru Suidōbashi worked on the problem, with the Bike Robo helping fight the fires on the liner.After
When Makoto and Jay were accidentally launched onto Hell Island the rest of MRR tried to mount a rescue, though Jet and Gyro Robo were unable to penetrate the heavy storms surrounding the flying Disasters base. Instead Police Robo was able to perform an EX Combination with Stealth Robo, holding off the Mame Gorro guards long enough for their Robo Masters to get to safety. As Kaiser-G's plans reached fruition and he threatened the island of Kanameshima all of MRR were scrambled to try and stop him. However, even in Hyper Mode he was unable to do much against Kaiser-G. Jet and V Stealth continued to attack but were again easily defeated, and knocked into a volcano. The rest of MRR were forced to withdraw and deal with the catastrophes caused by Kaiser-G triggering numerous other volcanos on the Pacific ring of fire. He later joined the team sent to recover Taiyoh and Jay from Kanameshima, though Kaiser-G was able to move on to Tokyo, setting the meteorite Tartarus on a collision course with Earth. All of MRR scrambled to fight him but Hyper Police Robo again found himself unable to combat Kaiser-G, who was eventually defeated by the joint efforts of the cadets, Hyper Shuttle Robo, V Stealth Robo and Machine Commander Robo. The defeat of Kaiser-G and the Disasters didn't end MRR's work, however, and even on the day of their graduation the Police Team and Makoto had to deal with a runaway truck.
Following the formation of International Hyper Rescue, the Police Team followed Makoto across to the Metropolitan Police Force, where Sasaki was creating a new Machine Robo Division. Despite a brief run-in with the Professor's latest creation Air Leon the unit's first mission of successfully escorting Sayuri, now Prime Minister of Japan, to a conference where she announced the future plans to further expand International Hyper Rescue.
Toys[edit | edit source]
Machine Robo Rescue[edit | edit source]
Rescue Combination[edit | edit source]
- Police Robo (2003)
- Accessories: none
- Bike Robo was released in Bandai's Machine Robo Rescue toyline in 2003, with four of them included in the Police Robo set. Bike Robo can convert from robot to motorcycle mode, and also form either an arm or a leg for any Hyper Mode. The only difference between the four figures is the number tampographed on each one's chest. Bike Robo was later recoloured as BL Bike Robo, while the rough design was carried over to Aqua Robo. The vehicle mode is inspired by the original Bike Robo, though the robot mode is simpler and 'faces' in different direction; however, the arms are similar - and also relatively fragile for an MRR toy. The figure was only available as part of the Police Robo set, which retailed at ¥2500.
- Like the rest of Machine Robo Rescue, Bike Robo was not released outside of Japan.
Machine Robo Variations[edit | edit source]
- Blazing Color (2003)
- Accessories: none
- Two recoloured Bike Robo were also sold as part of the Machine Robo Variations Blazing Color set, with a new red and yellow colour scheme. The set also included two appropriately recoloured versions of each of Aider Robo, Bulldozer Robo and Space Robo, as well as a recoloured Police Robo. The set retailed at ¥3980.
Merchandise[edit | edit source]
Super Performance![edit | edit source]
- Police Team Set (2003)
- Four figurines of Bike Robo were included in the Super Performance figure sets - one of the character in robot mode, the other in his jet mode. The Police Team set also included figurines of Police Robo (one of his robot mode and one of his car mode) and a Gura Gorro. The set was sold in a round plastic tub styled after the Rescue Headquarters launch tower, and retailed at ¥1200.
DX Machine Robo Rescue[edit | edit source]
- Police Robo (2003)
- Part of the first series of DX Machine Robo Rescue candy toys, Police Robo was a non-converting plastic model of the character in Hyper Mode configuration with limited painted details. The Bike Robo are present as the arms and legs, which could be detached and switched with the limbs of any other figure in the range but cannot be changed into any other configurations. The figure also came with small unpainted versions of Police Robo in both his robot and jet modes. It was later recoloured as BL Police Robo for the second series. Each blind-boxed figure retailed at ¥300.
Sortie! Machine Robo Rescue Real Collection[edit | edit source]
- Police Robo (2003)
- Part of the first series of Sortie! Machine Robo Rescue Real Collection figurines, Police Robo was a non-converting model of the character in Hyper Mode configuration with painted details. The Bike Robo are present as the arms and legs, which could be detached and switched with the limbs of any other figure in the range but cannot be changed into any other configurations. It was later recoloured as BL Police Robo for the second series. Each blind-boxed figure retailed at ¥200.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Supplemental material gives Bike Robo's height as 7.6m and weight as 8.4t.
- Like the Helicopter Robo, they really don't do much apart from act as Hyper Police Robo's limbs, and several of their 'solo' appearances are merely their presence in the stock footage of Yellow Gears launching from the Great Rotating Base.