The four Aider Robo combine with Fire Robo to form Hyper Fire Robo. Each has limited AI and a build-in fire hose system, which they can also use as improvised weapons. Fire Robo is very protective of the Aider Robo, referring to them as his "ladies".
Fiction[edit | edit source]
Machine Robo Rescue cartoon[edit | edit source]
- Voice actor: Akiko Kimura
Due to his ambition to become a fire-fighter, Ace soon found himself drawn to Fire Robo. When a forest fire threatened a chemical factory the Red Wings team deployed in Wing Liner, with the Fire Team tackling the flames on the ground while the Jet Team dropped canisters of extinguishing foam from above. The Aider Robo fought the blaze with hoses, but Fire Robo was waylaid by a Gura Gorro. Ace initiated a ZONE and with help from the Aider Robo, Fire Robo was able to fight the attacker and then defeat him once in Hyper Mode. The Fire Team were dispatched in Wing Liner to follow the out-of-control Sky Dolphin plane and were placed on standby when Taiyoh brought it in to land, but ultimately were not needed. They later joined the MRR's efforts to deal with the eruption of Kaga Mountain, firstly fighting fires on the ground then joining with Fire Robo to help Daichi to fell empty buildings in order to contain the lava. Following the successful rescue, Ace was confirmed as the Fire Team's permanent Robo Master.
They later joined the effort to save climbers on Himaru Mountain and later to combat a fire in Ōguchi Valley. There Fire Robo and Jet Robo used an EX Combination, which not only gave Fire Robo the ability to fly through the Sky Robo but allowed Jet to locate and drive off the attacking Stealth Robo using the foam projected from the Aider Robo in place as his arms. They were soon called into action when a drill at an industrial complex was escalated into a fully-blown emergency thanks to the meddling of Charmy Sato. This gave an opening to a Gura Gorro, but after Ace was able to activate Fire Robo's Hyper Mode the Disaster was defeated. During mock battles at the MRR open day Hyper Fire Robo was able to defeat Gyro Robo but subsequently lost a bout with Police Robo. Red Wings were called into action when Jay and Stealth Robo attacked the Machine AI Laboratory, with the Aider Robo again using their hoses on the flames. After being taken along to Nanagahake in order to collect patient Hisashi, Hyper Fire Robo had another run-in with Stealth, who started a forest fire, and tried to contain him in a ZONE but had little success against his now Hyper Mode-capable opponent until Drill Robo arrived to back him up. The Fire Team later joined the Jet Team in combatting a blaze at an industrial complex, where they once again used an EX Combination to allow both to fly and extinguish the blaze.
Red Wings were later dispatched to the Ikaros 1 orbital spaceport to help with realignment of satellites, but once again they came under attack from Stealth Robo. Jet and Taiyoh set out to stop them while the Fire Team tried to bring the fires onboard the station under control; thanks to Ace's careful strategy they were able to do so, though Jet and Taiyoh were shot down and crashed on Minamitobi Island. Along with Gyro Robo, the Fire Team was dispatched to deal with a tower block fire caused by the new Disasters commander, Colonel Hazard. After Red Wings were summoned to combat a fire at an industrial complex, Fire Robo was stunned to find the cause was a dark copy of himself made by Hazard from data recorded by Stealth Robo. While he called up a ZONE to fight his doppelganger things went from bad to worse as BL Fire Robo promptly took control of the Aider Robo and turned them against him. Fire Robo was left defeated and depressed, as was Ace. BL Fire Robo took his new thralls into battle to support Hazard's use of his Catfish to cause earthquakes in South America. Fire Robo, Drill Robo and Police Robo were loaded onboard the newly completed Machine Commander to deal with the crisis. Despite the presence of BL Fire Robo he and Ace were able to focus on the task in hand while Police Robo held the BL Machine Robo off, and once the fires caused were under control Fire Robo entered the fray and reclaimed his Supporter Robo, while Machine Commander Robo was able to destroy the Catfish.
When Red Wings were dispatched to search for survivors of a plane crash in the Amazon Taiyoh and Ace, along with a young boy named Ricky, became lost in the jungle, Fire Robo helped look for them. However, he was waylaid by the arrival of BL Fire Robo, now with his own BL Aider Robo. The fight was uneven until Wing Liner Robo destroyed the device Hazard was using to block MRR communications, allowing Jet to find Ace, who ordered Fire Robo into Hyper Mode. He soon gained the upper hand against Hyper BL Fire Robo, but was left stunned when his opposite number destroyed the BL Aider Robo just to cover his escape. Along with the other Leader Robo, Fire Robo was disabled by a freak resonance when the liner Poseidon's engine was damaged by a collision with an oil tanker near Rescue Headquarters. The cadets swung into action with just the Supporter Robo while the Professor worked on the problem. Kai used the Aider Robo to fight the fires on the passenger liner.
As Kaiser-G's plans reached fruition and he threatened an island off Japan all of MRR were scrambled to try and stop him, though Fire Robo was as helpless as the others against the villain's powers despite combining with the Aider Robo. After Jet and V Stealth Robo were knocked into a volcano the rest of MRR were forced to withdraw and deal with the catastrophes caused by Kaiser-G triggering numerous other volcanos on the Pacific ring of fire. The Fire Robo were again part of the response when Kaiser-G moved on to Tokyo but was again powerless to intervene, though Hyper Shuttle Robo and Machine Commander V were ultimately able to deflect the meteorite Tartarus from a collision course with Earth and then finally destroy the Disasters' creator.
After the formation of International Hyper Rescue, the Aider Robo remained based at Rescue Headquarters, where Ace was now the Red Wings instructor.
Toys[edit | edit source]
Machine Robo Rescue[edit | edit source]
Rescue Combination[edit | edit source]
- Fire Robo (2003)
- Accessories: none
- Aider Robo was released in Bandai's Machine Robo Rescue toyline in February 2003, with four of them included in the Fire Robo set. Aider Robo can convert from robot to ambulance mode, and also form either an arm or a leg for any Hyper Mode. The only difference between the four figures is the number tampographed on each one's chest. The robot form is styled after a nurse's uniform, complete with hat and skirt. It isn't quite as unbalanced as it looks but it's also not the most stable robot either. Aider Robo was later recoloured as BL Aider Robo. The figure was only available as part of the Fire Robo set, which retailed at ¥2500.
- Like the rest of Machine Robo Rescue, Aider Robo was not released outside of Japan.
Machine Robo Variations[edit | edit source]
- Blazing Color (Machine Robo Variations, 2003)
- Accessories: none
- Two recoloured Aider Robo were also sold as part of the Machine Robo Variations Blazing Color set, with a new red and grey colour scheme. The set also included two appropriately recoloured versions of each of Police Robo, Bike Robo, Bulldozer Robo and Space Robo. The set retailed at ¥3980.
Merchandise[edit | edit source]
DX Machine Robo Rescue[edit | edit source]
- Fire Robo (2003)
- Part of the first series of DX Machine Robo Rescue candy toys, Fire Robo was a non-converting plastic model of the character in Hyper Mode configuration with limited painted details. The Aider Robo are present as the arms and legs, which could be detached and switched with the limbs of any other figure in the range but cannot be changed into any other configurations. The figure also came with small unpainted versions of Fire Robo in both his robot and fire engine modes. The set was recoloured for the second series as BL Fire Robo. Each blind-boxed figure retailed at ¥300.
Sortie! Machine Robo Rescue Real Collection[edit | edit source]
- Fire Robo (2003)
- Part of the first series of Sortie! Machine Robo Rescue Real Collection figurines, Fire Robo was a non-converting model of the character in Hyper Mode configuration with painted details. The Aider Robo were again present as the arms and legs, which could be detached and switched with the limbs of any other figure in the range but cannot be changed into any other configurations. The set was again recoloured for the second series as BL Fire Robo. Each blind-boxed figure retailed at ¥200.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Supplemental material establishes that the Aider Robo are 7.4m tall and weigh 7.8t.
- As the Supporter Robo have limited AI the Aider Robo can't be thought of as entirely female characters like Crasher or Path Finder but for whatever reason they were clearly designed with female AI characteristics, including their voices and being styled after a classic nurse uniform, complete with high heels.