"Et Tu, Cy-Kill"
From GoBots Wiki
|""Et Tu, Cy-Kill""|
|Airdate||December 9, 1985|
|Written by||Jeff Segal, Kelly Ward, Eric Lewald and Mark Edens|
In the beginning...
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
"You too, Cy-Kill?" "Yes...me, too."
- -The last words Leader-1 and Cy-Kill exchange before becoming arch-enemies.
- ""Et tu, Cy-Kill"" introduces seven new GoBots, nearly as many as the preceding "Mission: GoBotron".
- In the present, Tri-Trak and Treds make their first appearances. In the future episode "Guardian Academy", Tri-Trak graduates from that institution, meaning it comes earlier chronologically.
- In the past, Moto-san, Twister, Bullseye, Klaws, and Bugsie are introduced. Unfortunately, Twister's appearance will later create complications (see Errors, below).
- This is the first and only episode to include flashbacks to the early days of the current Guardian/Renegade War.
- Spay-C appears with a different character model, showing less expressive facial features, closer to her toy design.
- The flashbacks show Zeemon has been unable to convert since the dawn of the current Guardian/Renegade War, retroactively making it an error when he does so in "Doppelganger".
- Gadgets and Powers:
- Like Tri-Trak, Twister becomes a Guardian when he graduates in the present in "Guardian Academy". Therefore, their presence as Guardians in the past is a mistake. This is even more disappointing with Twister, as he plays THE key role in driving a wedge between Cy-Kill and the other High Protectors in the past.
- Dart's voice is entirely different from the previous episode.
- Dart is sold as a Renegade in the toyline. In the previous episode, Dart was a Guardian. In this episode, he was a Guardian in the past, but abandoned them with Cy-Kill to join the Renegades. In the next episode, he's a neutral from a lost civilization who ends up joining the Guardians. It all makes sense, in a Constructicon sort of way (if you squint), but is clearly not designed to be consistent continuity, and within a span of three consecutive episodes too.
Animation and technical errors
- The injured Turbo appears unusually short next to Leader-1, even with his hobbling.
- Cy-Kill's chest radio is flashing unnecessarily when he speaks to Dart, who is right behind him.
- As Tri-Trak and Moto-san drive towards the Command Centers, their animation cels fall out of synch with the ground, making them appear to drive into the air.
- The recurring error with the Super GoBots shows up again as Zeemon is suddenly half the size of other Guardians when Cy-Kill and Leader-1 have their falling out.
- Crasher's red rectangles are missing when Cy-Kill breaks her out of her cell.
- Leader-1's chestpiece is dark instead of white when Crasher and Cop-Tur ambush him.
- When the Renegades blow a hole in the roof to escape, debris falls down first and then the hole just sort of materializes.