The GoBots That Time Forgot
From GoBots WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|"The GoBots That Time Forgot"|
|Airdate||December 10, 1985|
|Written by||John Loy|
Down to Gehenna or up to the Throne, he travels the fastest who travels alone.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- This is the only episode not to feature any Renegades or human characters at all.
- No direct reference is made to the Guardians' previous foray into Old GoBotron from "Lost on GoBotron". However, when Leader-1 dismisses the idea of a signal coming from Level 17, he acknowledges there are over 200 levels of Old Gobotron, and the top 80 are occupied. Wrecks and the mutants presumably come from one of those levels, while Level 17 is much further down.
- The exact location of Level 17 is a bit ambiguous, and raises questions. Is it on the surface of GoBotron's "apple core", or beneath it? The sky is visible on Level 17, but that could be an artificial sky. If they ARE on the surface, how can the Levelers believe Topworld is a myth when modern GoBotron should be dominating their field of vision? Dart suggests that only past the Forbidden Zone could he see Topworld and the flying GoBots from there.
- So apparently wild Zods roam the wastelands of GoBotron. Huh.
- Turbo's subversive attitude to the "chase scene" trope is fantastic.
- Gadgets and Powers:
- Scooter transfers destination coordinates into the transit pod using his retractable chest plug.
- Scooter is seen with a flashing communicator on the back of his hand, whereas previously he (and nearly every other GoBot) have their radio's flashing lights on their chest.
- Dart is a frickin' midget in this episode, whereas his previous appearances have shown him of average GoBot size.
- So...speaking of Dart. Rearranging the episode order can explain how he (and Ace) are Guardians in "Mission: GoBotron". If he's been DX'ed before, it could explain how he's apparently forgotten his own history as a Guardian-turned-Renegade from ""Et Tu, Cy-Kill"". But still, Leader-1 should remember him as a fellow Guardian who joined the Renegades at the same time as Cy-Kill.
Animation and technical errors
- Scooter's transit pod is drawn upside-down briefly during its descent, with the nosecone pointed down.
- Scooter's "belt" is colored red instead of gray when Gunnyr has the guards seize him.
- Turbo's eyes flicker between grey and green just after he sees the Zod, separate from his blinking.
- The left side of Ace's skull sparks a bit, as a sign of his DX'ing. Later, however, his DX'ing scar is on the right side of his skull. Naturally, the scar also vanishes whenever Ace is not seen in a close-up shot.