Renegade Victory Part 2
|"Renegade Victory Part 2"|
|Airdate||January 29, 2016|
|Written by||Jim Sorenson|
The Guardians race to return Luther Unum to the past, with the future on the line.
As Fly Trap and Decker Decker closed in on Scooter and Luther Unum, the humble archivist's quick thinking under pressure allowed him to trick the Renegades into eliminating each other. Seeing a glimpse of the old Leader-1 under Luther's skin, Scooter and Nick were renewed in spirit. Meanwhile, Turbo's team managed to dispose of Cop-Tur and Zod before escaping with a traditional "Time to go!"
As the two teams reunited, they planned to steal a Command Center from the Museum of Guardian Failures to reach Saeculum Gamma and restore Luther Unum to his proper place in time. Cy-Kill brought the entire Thruster fleet out to defend Saeculum Gamma, but Matt Hunter and Zeemon initiated simultaneous revolts on Earth and GoBotron, forcing Cy-Kill to send back half his fleet to retain his territory. When the Command Center emerged from hyperspace it was immediately destroyed. A smug Cy-Kill sent the rest of his fleet home while keeping a single Thruster nearby as he checked on the Time Portal.
The Guardians survived, however, having ejected a life pod in hyperspace before the Command Center materialized. Fighting their way down to the planet, Major Mo was killed by Cy-Kill's Renegade blockade before they made it. Cy-Kill and his command team focused on the Guardians when they arrived at the portal, allowing Nick and A.J. to sneak by with Luther and send him on his way. As soon as Luther returned to the past, reality reset itself and the modern Leader-1 arrived to support his friends. Throttle destroyed the Time Portal, costing Cy-Kill any further chance at altering the timestream.
(Character in italic text appeared only in the alternate timeline.)
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- Challenge of the GoBots Season 2 was a virtual continuation of the original show related by Vector Prime (from his multiversal perspective) and Cy-Kill (who lived it).
- In realities where this story aired on television, it premiered on October 1, 1986.
- This episode title was first released in an Ask Vector Prime post on December 21, 2015.
- Pincher's presence in the alternate timeline raises questions about how this reality unfolded differently from the original. He was introduced in "Flight to Earth" as an ambassador to Antares-III and the Monster GoBots under circumstances that would not have occurred in Cy-Kill's new history.
- Crasher and Tank are not identified as part of Cy-Kill's command team, but he is implicitly referring to the same Renegades he brought with him to Saeculum Gamma in "Part 1".
- The Guardians' stolen Command Center is accidentally referred to as a Thruster in one line.