|Airdate||November 17, 2015|
|Written by||Jim Sorenson|
Double Renegades? Double danger!
The Renegades stole UNECOM's experimental Duplicator Beam. Using principles of quantum super-positioning similar to the Astro Beam, the Duplicator Beam would create a second set of anything it irradiated for 48 hours. Cy-Kill created duplicates of his Thruster crew, Cop-Tur, Crasher, and Spoons, and launched a two-pronged attack on GoBotolis and the GoBotron Fortress.
Cy-Kill did not anticipate his duplicate being as self-serving and egomaniacal as him, however. The self-styled "Cy-Kill Prime" did not want to vanish after 48 hours, and broke off the attack to seek out Professor Von Joy, hoping he could find a way to make the Prime Renegades permanent. Theorizing that the polarity of the Duplicator Beam could be reversed, Cy-Kill Prime and his cohorts boarded Thruster and captured Cy-Kill.
When the Guardians came to rescue Von Joy, Cy-Kill convinced Turbo and Bullseye to release them from the detention block and join forces against Cy-Kill Prime. Cy-Kill's Renegades defeated the other duplicates while Leader-1 battled Cy-Kill Prime and Scooter tinkered with the Duplicator Beam. Cy-Kill briefly considered blasting Leader-1, but he decided Cy-Kill Prime was more dangerous and shot his double instead. Scooter got the Duplicator Beam to reverse itself, and the duplicate Renegades were erased.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- Challenge of the GoBots Season 2 was a virtual continuation of the original show related by Vector Prime (from his multiversal perspective) and Cy-Kill (who lived it).
- In realities where this story aired on television, it premiered on October 2, 1986.
- This "episode" contained a mid-length summary–longer than the brief mentions of the earliest episodes, but not yet the full three-act synopses like later stories.
- This episode was named in an Ask Vector Prime post on December 21, 2015.
- Bullseye was introduced in "Et Tu, Cy-Kill" as the only member of Cy-Kill's personal guard who did not betray the Guardians and join the Renegades centuries ago. This marks his first appearance in the present day, as he was only seen in flashbacks in the original series.