|Airdate||February 1, 2016|
|Written by||Jim Sorenson|
The colony of New Earth broke off contact with the outside universe and began emitting large amounts of cosmic radiation, two facts which drew the Guardians and the Renegades to the world. After a brief skirmish between Leader-1 and Cy-Kill's command teams, the Guardians made their way to the Last Engineer's laboratory. There they encountered Kelly Jeffries, who had married the Engineer since they last met. She was the last free colonist after the arrival of the Master Renegade.
The Master Renegade engaged the Guardians with his polymorphic inducer and, with the help of the arriving Renegades, caught the heroes and zapped them into human form! Cy-Kill and the Master Renegade quickly betrayed each other, and the Renegades were zapped as well. The human Guardians escaped with Matt Hunter and Kelly, while the Renegades were forced to serve as slaves with the other colonists, constructing a polymorphic amplifier for the Master Renegade. He intended to bathe all of GoBotron in its radiation.
Matt Hunter gave a rousing speech raising the spirits of the now-vulnerable Guardians, and they launched an offensive on the Master Renegade. While the others were distracted, the human Renegades swiped the polymorphic inducer and restored their GoBotic forms, scrapping the inducer as well. However, Scooter finished work on the polymorphic amplifier, allowing him to restore the Guardians too. The Renegades fled and the Master Renegade was imprisoned by the colonists of New Earth.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- Challenge of the GoBots Season 2 was a virtual continuation of the original show related by Vector Prime (from his multiversal perspective) and Cy-Kill (who lived it).
- In realities where this story aired on television, it premiered on October 20, 1986.
- This episode title was first released in an Ask Vector Prime post on December 21, 2015.
- The Last Engineer and Kelly were previously seen in "Quest for New Earth".
- The Master Renegade last appeared in "Trash and Treachery".
- Courageous appears in a hologram of Scooter's, but otherwise is not present.
- Cy-Kill remarks on the absence of the Master Renegade's minions, Creepy and Bladez, and plans to recruit the Monster GoBots into his Renegades. This plot thread picks up in "Chains of Doom".