While he cannot convert Garzack makes up for it with his expertise with his Garfire-SP gun; he is also equipped with grappling hooks in his wrists and roller skates in his heels, and is an expert hoverboard rider.
Fiction[edit | edit source]
Machine Robo: Battle Hackers cartoon[edit | edit source]
- Voice actor: Nobuyuki Furuta
Garzack, R. JeTan and the Gattai Saurer team helped break in new arrivals Pro Truck Racer and Mach Blaster with some rad hoverboarding around Crystal City, showing off his mad skills by pulling in front of Police Car Robo and Porsche Robo and making them both crash. The group then helped rescue the Wheelmen and the humans Akira Amachi, Luke Stewart, Mia White, Zen Ogawa and Patricia Longfellow, who were under attack from Kariagen and a horde of Gurendos Sitappa and Teppodaman troopers. He later helped save Akira from the treacherous Kizune and Gantsuke He was less openly mocking than some of his team-mates when Akira petitioned to join the Battle Hackers in the Jet Riser, and helped drive off the Gurendos from a crucial bridge outside Crystal City.
Akira was accepted into the team and went on patrol with Garzack, Hot Rod Joe and F-One Jack. The group got pinned down by Gurendos troops. Garzack plunged down a crevasse to save the human when the Jet Riser was shot down, and used his grappling hooks to engineer an escape. However he lost his Garfire SP in the scuffle, and it was found by Suji, then used by Sorikondar to destroy a store deep within Crystal City. Feeling guilty, Akira set off to draw out Sorikondar, showing the other Battle Hackers where the stolen weapon was set up. With help from Drill Crusher, Buggy Wolf and Pro Truck Racer Garzack was able to get close enough to Sorikondar, who found that the Garfire-SP could not harm its' creator. Garzack took his gun back, letting Sorikondar have a running start before shooting him. He later participated in the Battle Hackers' mission to extract Rotary Kid and Twincam Jimmy. Garzack was later part of the team that saved the planet's Crystalium core after Kariagen attempted to make it overheat, helping R. JeTan return the rods to their correct place before the system overloaded. He was later part of the team that destroyed Shibumidas and Rikimines' new mobile base during the rescue of Mach Blaster.
Toys[edit | edit source]
Machine Robo: Battle Hackers[edit | edit source]
- Mach Blaster (Battle Hacker, 1987)
- ID number: BH-08
- A toy of Garzack was planned for the 1987 Machine Robo: Battle Hackers line, tentatively assigned the code BH-08. It would not have converted but instead was planned to interact with the Battle Hackers cartoon, either in the manner of the toys produced for Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future, in conjunction with a console cartridge or possibly some combination of both. This would have involved motorised movement, including swinging the arms, firing the Garfire SP and running on his Heelys. Sadly the toy never came out; it is unclear if it was unworkable, too expensive (the line was about to switch to the cheaper Winner Robo) or there was some other problem. No prototype has yet surfaced.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- After his toy failed to come out Garzack all but disappears from the cartoon. From around the episode 10 mark he largely appears in stock footage and occasionally in battle scenes in about half of the episodes, rarely getting any dialogue or playing a major part in the plot as the second-in-command role is divvied up between the toy-having Mach Blaster, Drill Crusher and Pro Truck Racer.
- However in some possible good news for Garzack fans a picture of a prototype made by Artstorm/Fewture Model for their EM Gokin line has circulated and may yet make it to production.