As the only member of the team that can fly he has the vital role of reconnaissance and is equipped with numerous surveillance devices while also being armed with Vulcan Cannon for combat. Rotary Kid has a cheerful personality.
Fiction[edit | edit source]
Machine Robo: Battle Hackers cartoon[edit | edit source]
Along with Twincam Jimmy, Rotary Kid was sent on a commando mission to frustrate the Gurendos' plans. He even took a shot at Gakurandar himself, nearly killing the Gurendos leader. Once he realised they were planning to destroy the city he contacted RIM, who sent the Battle Hackers in to help. Rotary Kid attempted to follow Kariagen and Sorikondar into the city's underground but was jumped by Sitappas; thankfully R. JeTan and the rest of the Battle Hackers arrived to save him. Rotary Kid explained the problem. The group stopped the Gurendos, with Rotary Kid and Twincam Jimmy joining the Battle Hackers afterwards. He set out on a mission with Twincam Jimmy, Akira Amachi and Zen Ogawa, taking the latter in his cockpit. However they were ambushed by the Gurendos in a huge scrapyard as part of a ploy to lure out R. JeTan alone. While this part succeeded, Rotary Kid and the others were able to get to freedom, using his scanners to find them a path to safety and save their leader from destruction - though when they returned to base instead of acclaiming their heroism Mia White and Patricia Longfellow were merely revolted by how badly the group smelt. He later joined Luke Stewart, Mia, Drag Sam and Mach Blaster on a fact-finding mission to space onboard Big Shuttle Robo.
When the Battle Hackers were alerted to Yasand's attempts to steal electromagnetic missiles Rotary Kid set off with R. JeTan, Mach Blaster and Akira's Jet Riser, though they were ultimately unsuccessful. He then provided air cover for the Battle Hackers' attempts to prevent Yasand launching the weapons at Crystal City, which were again ineffective. A later attempt was more successful, though Rotary Kid was hit by the particles from the final missile launched and knocked out of the sky though he rapidly recovered.
He later joined the Battle Hackers' raid on the Gurendos' Blood Country headquarters, infiltrating the tunnels below and helping rescue Mach Blaster.
Toys[edit | edit source]
Machine Robo: Battle Hackers[edit | edit source]
- Rotary Kid (Wheelman, 1987)
- ID number: MRBH-5
- Accessories: none
- Rotary Kid was the 5th figure in Bandai's Wheelmen series, and the first issued in the Machine Robo: Battle Hackers toyline, converting from attack helicopter to robot. The toy features a friction motor in vehicle mode that also makes the helicopter blades spin. A large proportion of Rotary Kid is diecast, with the engine detailing emphasised. Rotary Kid has articulation at the shoulder and elbow. Rotary Kid retailed at ¥1200.
- The figure was never released outside of Japan.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is likely but not confirmed that Rotary Kid, as a flying member of the Algo Army, belonged to White Thunder before he joined the Battle Hackers.
- During "Muddy Duel" he has a mascot of Patricia in his cockpit. While it might have belonged to Zen most of the Wheelmen do seem to have a thing for her...