Battleflex (バトルフレックス), often referred to as Flex, is a semi-sentient car used by Rom Stol. It seems to be unique.
Battleflex's wheels can change shape when faced with steep terrain.
Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos cartoon
Rom first used Battleflex when he set out on his quest to discover the mystery of the Wolf Emblems after the death of his father. Wolf Sword! Call Forth the Thunder of Courage! When he was joined by his sister Leina and his friends Blue Jet, Rod Drill and Triple Jim Rom retained Battleflex as his main mode of transport. Flex also helped retrieve Drill from a swamp Steal the Metal Laster!. Rom then drove Battleflex in the race at Devil's Island, where despite the arrogant behaviour of Vanishing Harry and a Gyandlar plot the pair were able to finish in third place. Run Through the Race of Death!. Rom later used Flex to jump a raised bridge over the acid river surrounding Emerald City. Gather All Machine Robo
Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos
- Battleflex (1986)
- Accessories: none
- Battleflex was released by Bandai in the Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos toyline, and is a non-converting battery-powered four-wheel drive car. Moving the lever on the back of the vehicle causes the wheel hubs to compact, creating a set of off-road tyres. Retailing at ¥4800, it was one of the more expensive toys in the range.
- Early concept art for Battleflex showed even more drastic retooling of the Galoob toy, including a gun turret; this is likely related to Eagle Shot.
- Battleflex has a sort of "Optimus Prime's trailer" relationship with the series, tending to be there when Rom needs to drive somewhere and not when he doesn't, or when the plot requires him to not be able to drive off.
- After the series relocates to Emerald City and the Battle Base, and Rom goes wandering less, Flex is rarely seen.
- Just how intelligent or 'alive' Battleflex may or may not be is never covered by the series.