Trash and Treachery
|"Trash and Treachery"|
|First published||December 1, 2015|
|Written by||Jim Sorenson|
Garbage! It's all garbage!
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
At a bar in the Beta Leonis system, Zero and the Master Renegade crossed paths and learned of their mutual grudge against Cy-Kill and the Guardians. Teaming up, they travelled to Earth and attacked a global summit on pollution, stealing an experimental super-algae designed to consume plastic waste. Cy-Kill learned of his rivals' activities and sent a team of Renegades after them. Zero and the Master Renegade confronted Blades and Psycho while raiding UNECOM, but Turbo and Small Foot arrived and attack Cy-Kill's forces, allowing the other two to escape.
The Master Renegade used UNECOM's materials to upgrade the algae until it would incapacitate any GoBot it made contact with. Zero and the Master Renegade returned to GoBotron and used the algae to immobilize Leader-1, Zeemon, and the Guardian Council. However, Zero then turned on the Master Renegade and declared himself ruler of GoBotron. Refusing to be outdone, the Master Renegade reminded Leader-1 of the algae's true purpose. Leader-1 had Scooter Astro Beam garbage from Earth to GoBotron, and the algae left the Guardians to feast on its original source of food.
Zero fled GoBotron with haste after that, but bumped into Cy-Kill's Thruster while avoiding Leader-1. Leader-1 gladly agreed to let Cy-Kill deal with Zero's punishment that day, and went back to GoBotron laughing about how Zero may have preferred to remain with the Guardians.
Featured characters[edit | edit source]
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Challenge of the GoBots Season 2 was a virtual continuation of the original show related by Vector Prime (from his multiversal perspective) and Cy-Kill (who lived it).
- In realities where this story aired on television, it premiered on October 22, 1986.
- Beginning with this episode, "Renegade Rhetoric" episode summaries became substantially longer. While the earliest "episodes" were described in two or three sentences, summaries were now long enough to imagine a full three-act plot taking place, sometimes even with recognizable commercial breaks.
- This episode was named in an "Ask Vector Prime" post on December 21, 2015.
Continuity notes[edit | edit source]
- Zero previously attempted a coup against Cy-Kill in the season 1 episode, "The Third Column". This would be his last appearance in the "Renegade Rhetoric" timeline.
- The Master Renegade was previously seen in "Coup de Grunge" when he created the Renegade Power Suits. He would return again in "Human Resources".
- Pumper was a Guardian from the original Tonka GoBots line whose figure was quickly discontinued from shelves. He never appeared in Challenge of the GoBots, though a model sheet was created for him for the opening mini-series.