The Stolen Moon
|"The Stolen Moon"|
|Airdate||October 21, 2015|
|Written by||Jim Sorenson|
One GoBeing, alone...
Cy-Kill directed Dr. Go to convert Roguestar's primary particle beam cannons into a massive Astro-Beam, projector. He then had Fitor use the Astro-Beam to transport the entire automated Communication Moon of GoBotron to the Magellanic Nebulae, giving him 48 hours to plunder the moon's secrets far from Guardian interference. Unbeknownst to the Renegades, however, Leader-1 managed to crash onto the moon just as the Astro-Beam struck.
Cy-Kill, Bugsie, Sky-Jack, Bug Bite, Water Walk, Vain Train, and Stinger travelled to the moon, expecting a leisurely two days of pillaging. Working quietly, Leader-1 disabled Bugsie and confiscated his radio, letting Leader-1 eavesdrop on the other Renegades' activities. He got the drop on Bug Bite and short-circuited Water Walk. In the moon's holographic core, Leader-1 engaged Sky-Jack in some aerial dogfighting and won, but the other Renegades were now aware of his presence. Leader-1 defeated Stinger and Vain Train as well, but now he was badly wounded, limping, and his power pack was out of energy for his hand-blasters.
Cy-Kill had made his way to the communications core, though, the source of every Guardian encryption algorithm. Leader-1 fought Cy-Kill with a jagged piece of pipe, his only remaining weapon, but was soundly defeated. Cy-Kill naturally took the opportunity to brag about his success, but the tables turned as the 48 hours ended, and the Astro-Beam reversed itself. Leader-1 and the moon disappeared before Cy-Kill's eyes before he could kill his foe or snag his prize.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- Challenge of the GoBots Season 2 was a virtual continuation of the original show related by Vector Prime (from his multiversal perspective) and Cy-Kill (who lived it).
- In realities where this story aired on television, it premiered on October 8, 1986.
- This "episode" related by Cy-Kill from Ask Vector Prime's Guest column contained a mid-length summary–longer than the brief mentions of the earliest episodes, but not yet the full three-act synopses like later stories.
- This episode was named in an Ask Vector Prime post on December 21, 2015.
- This was the final episode relayed by Cy-Kill from Axiom Nexus as an official Guest Columnist for Ask Vector Prime. Shortly after this episode "aired", Cy-Kill was uncovered by the Axiom Nexus Security Administration as responsible for several criminal and terrorist acts. He escaped back to his home universal stream with several new recruits and technologies. He would later continue Renegade Rhetoric as a pirate broadcast from his home universe.
- This episode owes its set-up and several key elements to Die Hard and the Beast Wars: Transformers classic episode, "Code of Hero".
- In commentary from Renegade Rhetoric, Cy-Kill previously mentioned recruiting Bug Bite and Gunnyr into the Renegades after the Guardians arrested them in "The GoBots That Time Forgot". This is the first story depicting Bug Bite as an active member of the Renegades. (Gunnyr already appeared with Cy-Kill's forces in the original series Challenge of the GoBots episode, "Mission: GoBotron".)