The Show Must Go On
|"The Show Must Go On"|
|First published||October 19, 2015|
|Written by||Jim Sorenson|
He is the very model of a Renegade overlord!
Traitor of the Renegades learned of a legendary gemstone owned by the Roman Arcanus Maximus, purported to have magical powers. It was in the possession of an elderly tycoon who so loved the theatre, he had sworn to leave his entire estate to the best show of the season. Seeing an opportunity for power and egomania, Cy-Kill decided the Renegades would put on a production of the Pirates of Penzance. Despite their best efforts, however, the theatre enthusiast decided Leader-1 and the Guardians production of Kafka's Metamorphosis was superior. The Renegades grabbed for the gemstone anyway, but quickly learned its power was nothing but a myth.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- Challenge of the GoBots Season 2 was a virtual continuation of the original show related by Vector Prime (from his multiversal perspective) and Cy-Kill (who lived it).
- In realities where this story aired on television, it premiered on September 16, 1986.
- As an early "episode" from Ask Vector Prime, the events are only briefly recounted by Cy-Kill and not provided a full three-act synopsis like later stories.
- This episode was named in an Ask Vector Prime post on December 21, 2015.
- Pirate King -- Bugsie
- Major General -- Cy-Kill
- Mabel -- Snoop
- Frederic -- Re-Volt
- Ruth -- Psycho
- Police Sergeant -- Twin Spin
- Stage direction by Cop-Tur