The RoGun Ruckus
|"The RoGun Ruckus"|
|First published||October 20, 2015|
|Written by||Jim Sorenson|
Wreck n' RoGuns!
When the Guardians developed a tetrionic capacitor on GoBotron's Fortress Moon, Cy-Kill launched an attack to seize it. The Renegades were repelled, and Crasher complained about their lack of superior firepower. Cy-Kill was inspired and asked Dr. Go to create the RoGuns, robots who converted into powerful weapons for the Renegades to wield. In a second attack on the Fortress Moon, the Renegades and RoGuns successfully captured the tetrionic capacitor.
Unfortunately, Dr. Go had programmed the RoGuns with independent personalities, and they began to push back against Renegade control. Meanwhile, Major Mo, Scooter, and A.J. Foster had actually been inside the capacitor when it was stolen, and were now loose inside Roguestar. Scooter encountered the RoGuns as Dr. Go prepared to eliminate their personalities, and communicated with the diminutive weapons through their unique binary language. The Guardians and RoGuns joined forces, destroying the tetrionic capacitor and escaping from Roguestar.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- Challenge of the GoBots Season 2 was a virtual continuation of the original show related by Vector Prime (from his multiversal perspective) and Cy-Kill (who lived it).
- In realities where this story aired on television, it premiered on September 29, 1986.
- This "episode" related by Cy-Kill from Ask Vector Prime's Guest column contained a mid-length summary–longer than the brief mentions of the earliest episodes, but not yet the full three-act synopses like later stories.
- This episode was named in an Ask Vector Prime post on December 21, 2015.
- The "episode" is the first appearance of Major Mo in terms of real world publication. The somewhat random order of Cy-Kill's recollection meant that later stories involving Major Mo would take place earlier in the chronology.
- The RoGuns are also introduced this episode. Based on the ARCO GoBots merchandise line of 1:1 scale toy guns, Pistol and Rifle were cap guns, while Squirt was a water gun. Their individual names come from Renegade Rhetoric, derived from descriptors on their packaging: Cap Pistol, Cap Rifle, and Squirt Gun, respectively. The group name "RoGun", meanwhile, is taken from the name given on the other Arco "cap rifle" GoBot, Rogun.