The GoVine Incident
|"The GoVine Incident"|
|First published||October 17, 2015|
|Written by||Jim Sorenson|
Go go go GoVines!
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Cy-Kill developed a fast-growing form of plants in his laboratory, calling them Go-Vines. The Renegades covered the Earth's greatest monuments with Go-Vines, hoping to ransom UNECOM for the return of their priceless history and architecture. Sparky and Small Foot snuck aboard Thruster and stole a sample of Cy-Kill's Go-Vine seeds. They brought the seeds to Professor Von Joy, who was able to engineer a defoliant to eliminate the Go-Vines. Meanwhile, Turbo unloaded some seeds into Thruster's weapon systems, leaving Cy-Kill unable to fight back. The Go-Vines were destroyed and the Renegades were forced to retreat.
Featured characters[edit | edit source]
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Challenge of the GoBots Season 2 was a virtual continuation of the original show related by Vector Prime (from his multiversal perspective) and Cy-Kill (who lived it).
- In realities where this story aired on television, it premiered on September 23, 1986.
- As an early "episode" from Ask Vector Prime, the events are only briefly recounted by Cy-Kill and not provided a full three-act synopsis like later stories.
- This is one of seven episodes first recapped by Cy-Kill in Renegade Rhetoric, quickly referenced together in a single post.
- This episode was named in an Ask Vector Prime post on December 21, 2015.
Continuity errors[edit | edit source]
- The eponymous GoVines are rendered with a hyphen as "Go-Vines" during Cy-Kill's recitation, but the episode title has no hyphen.