Opportunity Knocks Part 2
|"Opportunity Knocks Part 2"|
|Airdate||November 10, 2015|
|Written by||Jim Sorenson|
In the midst of a pitched battle between Roguestar and the Guardians' Command Center fleet, Cy-Kill returned from inter-dimensional exile with a new batch of troops. Monsterous engaged the Courageous Power Warrior and the other new Renegades reinforced Cy-Kill's troops. As the Guardians attempted to retreat, Cy-Kill insisted the Renegades press the advantage. As Courageous broke apart, Monsterous began attacking the Command Centers. Leader-1 shed his Power Suit and confronted Cy-Kill directly. Leader-1 tricked Cy-Kill into delivering all his power into a single blast, then dodged so the blast struck Monsterous. With the giant disassembled, the Guardians were able to retreat, and Cy-Kill reunited with his forces.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- Challenge of the GoBots Season 2 was a virtual continuation of the original show related by Vector Prime (from his multiversal perspective) and Cy-Kill (who lived it).
- In realities where this story aired on television, it premiered on December 3, 1986.
- This "episode" was the first story related by Cy-Kill from his home dimension after previously appearing as a Guest Columnist for Ask Vector Prime. It takes place immediately after Cy-Kill's escape from Axiom Nexus at the end of the original Renegade Rhetoric column.
- Because of the first-person perspective of the episode delivery in Renegade Rhetoric, "Opportunity Knocks Part 2" was actually relayed to the audience before "Opportunity Knocks Part 1", the events of which our narrator Cy-Kill was not directly involved in. That story would not be told for another three months.
- This episode contained a mid-length summary–longer than the brief mentions of the earliest episodes, but not yet the full three-act synopses like later stories.
- This episode was named in an Ask Vector Prime post on December 21, 2015.
- This is the first episodic appearance of Cy-Kill's entourage from Axiom Nexus. They were all previously referenced by Cy-Kill in between episode summaries as recruits he picked up while stranded on the TransTech's Cybertron. Each was a pre-existing GoBots toy from the original line, but Renegade Rhetoric continuity re-imagined them into Transformers.
- Clutch and Warpath were Super GoBot Renegades from the toyline. Here, they are identified as former Decepticons.
- Monsterous and his components were a late-run Renegade robot giant. Here, they are identified as Predacons from the Transformers' Aligned continuity family.
- Odd Ball, Breez, and Pow Wow were Kids Meal toys released by Wendy's in cooperation with Tonka for the GoBots toy line. Here, they are identified as the Instigation Mini-Con Team.
- Gong was a Renegade wristwatch in the original toy line. Unlike the others, he was not reimagined into a Cybertronian.
- Sky Fly, Beamer, and Guide Star also make their first appearance. These three were the Guardian Kids Meal toys released by Wendy's, opposite the Renegade toys that made up the Instigation Mini-Con Team.