Opportunity Knocks Part 1
|"Opportunity Knocks Part 1"|
|Airdate||February 2, 2016|
|Written by||Jim Sorenson|
The disappearance of Cy-Kill invites chaos...and opportunity.
In Cy-Kill's absence, Leader-1 pressed the Guardian Council to allow an aggressive push against the Renegades. Meanwhile, Gunnyr and Fitor argued over the future of the Renegade movement. Fitor refused to assume the role of supreme leader, insisting the position remain open for Cy-Kill's return. He also intended to merely fortify the Renegades' current territory while devoting resources to searching for Cy-Kill. Gunnyr wanted a showing of strong leadership to maintain momentum in the Renegades.
Leader-1's big push consumed Renegade territory slowly but consistently. Gunnyr finally grew impatient and assembled his own group of Renegades to strike back. They made a surprisingly strong defense of a typically insignificant outpost, catching the Guardians off-guard. Leader-1 and his command team had grown overconfident, and survived Gunnyr's ambush only thanks to their human allies.
Leader-1 and the Guardians rallied their forces to finally make a major strike against Roguestar itself. The Command Center fleet was fully engaged with Roguestar when Gong returned. And he was not alone...
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- Challenge of the GoBots Season 2 was a virtual continuation of the original show related by Vector Prime (from his multiversal perspective) and Cy-Kill (who lived it).
- In realities where this story aired on television, it premiered on December 2, 1986.
- This episode title was first released in an Ask Vector Prime post on December 21, 2015.
- This story is one of Renegade Rhetoric's virtual season 2 episodes that feels least like an episode; most of it is just him summarizing what he had learned after the fact, and a third of the story (Cy-Kill recruiting Renegades in another dimension) had already covered in the original run.
- Cy-Kill acknowledges that 4-5 months occurred in-between his disappearance in "The Scootonium Scenario" and his return in "Opportunity Knocks Part 2". However, he also states he spent a significantly longer period of time on Axiom Nexus.
- Ignoring Axiom Nexus materials, this would be the first broadcast appearance of Gong.