Nightmares of a Leader
|"Nightmares of a Leader"|
|Airdate||December 15, 2015|
|Written by||Jim Sorenson|
Leader-1 lies on the brink of death, as the Guardians try to save him.
During an attack on Renegade supply lines, Leader-1 battled Cy-Kill until the Renegade overlord threatened an alien pleasure yacht passing by. Leader-1 suffered significant injuries protecting the civilians from Cy-Kill. Rest-Q was summoned by Astro Beam to tend to his wounds, but the medic reported Leader-1 was trapped in his own memories. Scooter rigged a device to monitor Leader-1's brain waves, and the Guardians observed his recollection of past defeats. A.J. noted that Leader-1's memories were responding to their voices, however, and the Guardians began reminding him of all the good he had accomplished. Leader-1's internal narrative changed for the better, and soon he was back on his feet, ready for action!
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- Challenge of the GoBots Season 2 was a virtual continuation of the original show related by Vector Prime (from his multiversal perspective) and Cy-Kill (who lived it).
- In realities where this story aired on television, it premiered on October 24, 1986.
- This episode was named in an Ask Vector Prime post on December 21, 2015.
- This virtual episode was a clip show. The memories Leader-1 reportedly experienced came from the season 1 episodes "Time Wars", "Cy-Kill's Shrinking Ray", "Sentinel", "Wolf in the Fold", "A New Suit for Leader-1", "Ring of Fire", "Lost on Gobotron", "Ultra Zod", "The Renegades' Rampage, Part II", and "Dawn World".
- Keeping in with the erroneous depiction of Rome as an empire in "Time Wars", the emperor from that episode is namechecked as Commodus, who in reality would not be the Roman Emperor until 177 A.D.
- Wrecks is referred to as "Wreck" several times in the recap.