Nightmares of a Leader
|"Nightmares of a Leader"|
|Airdate||December 15, 2015|
|Written by||Jim Sorenson|
Leader-1 lies on the brink of death, as the Guardians try to save him.
During an attack on Renegade supply lines, Leader-1 battled Cy-Kill until the Renegade overlord threatened an alien pleasure yacht passing by. Leader-1 suffered significant injuries protecting the civilians from Cy-Kill. Rest-Q was summoned by Astro Beam to tend to his wounds, but the medic reported Leader-1 was trapped in his own memories. Scooter rigged a device to monitor Leader-1's brain waves, and the Guardians observed his recollection of past defeats. A.J. noted that Leader-1's memories were responding to their voices, however, and the Guardians began reminding him of all the good he had accomplished. Leader-1's internal narrative changed for the better, and soon he was back on his feet, ready for action!
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- Challenge of the GoBots Season 2 was a virtual continuation of the original show related by Vector Prime (from his multiversal perspective) and Cy-Kill (who lived it).
- In realities where this story aired on television, it premiered on October 24, 1986.
- This episode was named in an Ask Vector Prime post on December 21, 2015.
- This virtual episode was a clip show. The memories Leader-1 reportedly experienced came from the season 1 episodes "Time Wars", "Cy-Kill's Shrinking Ray", "Sentinel", "Wolf in the Fold", "A New Suit for Leader-1", "Ring of Fire", "Lost on Gobotron", "Ultra Zod", "The Renegades' Rampage, Part II", and "Dawn World".
- Wrecks is referred to as "Wreck" several times in the recap.