From GoBots Wiki
|Airdate||December 4, 1985|
|Written by||Jeff Segal, Kelly Ward and J. Larry Carroll|
"Come out to the Command Center, we'll get together, have a few laughs..."
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- This is a rare episode not to feature any of the human characters.
- The plot seems to confuse and combine the idea of "shrinking" with "digitizing". Leader-1's team is clearly making their way through a Tron-like digital world, not just a relatively enormous computer system.
- Gadgets and Powers:
- Scooter is in rare form with his holograms this episode, disguising himself as a computer console, Cop-Tur, and Cy-Kill.
- Professor Von Joy is clear he has no idea when the Astro Beam shrinking will wear off, but Cy-Kill seems to know the Guardians will restore to normal "soon".
Animation and technical errors
- As is typical in his appearances, Van Guard's forehead regularly switches from black to gray and back again over the course of the episode.
- Instead of flying Superman-style like normal, the Renegades' "standing posture" animation cel is just dragged across the screen from Thruster to the Command Center.
- Crasher is missing her red rectangles when they enter the Command Center's bridge.
- Scooter's legs are all red when he drops the Cop-Tur disguise.
- Pincher's eyes flash like Vamp's when he first talks, instead of using his mouth like normal.
- "Cy-Kill" has an extra set of pupils as he watches Crasher and Cop-Tur go back the Thruster.
- The Guardians somehow locate a tunnel made of rocks inside the digital world inside their state-of-the-art spaceship.
- The footage of the Monster Renegades attacking the Guardians in the tunnel is blatantly reused from their attack on the cliff-side minutes earlier, and then flipped and used again when Van Guard confronts them.