|First published||January 1, 2016|
|Story by||Jim Sorenson and Chris McFeely|
|Written by||Jim Sorenson|
The final conflict with the Master Renegade begins, with the fate of worlds on the line.
As the Robo Rebels watched, the Prison Moon of GoBotron was consumed by the Gravity Collapsar Ray. Fortunately, the Command Center and Thruster fleet emerged from the destruction, as the Guardians and Renegades had just made it to safety. Bent Wing and the Robo Rebels decided to free Tail Pipe and disable the Gravity Collapsar Ray from the ground while Leader-1 and Cy-Kill launched a frontal attack from the skies.
Major Mo and the Rebels made their way to Bladez's mecha-mansion and encountered the Master Renegade and his Monster GoBots. Tail Pipe was freed while Creepy and Bladez were engaged. Meanwhile, Cy-Kill and Leader-1 fought their way in as well, joining the struggle against the Monster GoBots. At least until Cy-Kill seized control of the Gravity Collapsar Ray and planned to follow through on the destruction of Earth. Fortunately, Tail Pipe had finished his sabotage of the device and it exploded.
The Master Renegade, Creepy, and Bladez fled just as Vamp arrived on the scene. She commanded the remaining Monster GoBots to get Cy-Kill to safety and reunite with the Renegades. In the aftermath, Zeemon received a clean bill of health and the cadets graduated from Guardian Academy with full honors. They decided to keep the "Robo Rebels" moniker as their official squad designation.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- Challenge of the GoBots Season 2 was a virtual continuation of the original show related by Vector Prime (from his multiversal perspective) and Cy-Kill (who lived it).
- In realities where this story aired on television, it premiered on October 31, 1986.
- This episode title was first released in an Ask Vector Prime post on December 21, 2015.
- Dactyl was an unreleased GoBots motorized walking toy. Because of its monstrous design, here it is reimagined as a creation of the Master Renegade.
- The original Monster GoBots, Vamp and Scorp, were creations and servants of the Master Renegade. Cy-Kill modified one of his Renegades into Pincher to serve as an ambassador to them in "Return to GoBotron". However, their loyalty to Cy-Kill was not secure, as Creepy was able to lure Vamp and Scorp back into the Master Renegade's service in "Quest for New Earth". Cy-Kill previously mused in Renegade Rhetoric that Vamp and Scorp were having a bad influence on Pincher. This episode shows how, for now Pincher's loyalty to Cy-Kill is also in question when the Master Renegade is around.