|First published||December 8, 2015|
|Written by||Jim Sorenson|
They're the fossilized bones of one...angry...dinosaur!
While eavesdropping on a conversation between Scooter and Nuggit, the Renegades learned of the Fossilsaurus combiner on Quartex. Cy-Kill travelled to the planet of the rocks to parlay with the Fossil Lord, Jaw Bone, and his fellow fossils. When Jaw Bone did not immediately agree to an alliance, Cy-Kill and the Renegades turned on the Fossil Lords. They formed Fossilsaurus to fight back, but when Spoons took Jaw Bone's daughter Ulna hostage, the Fossil Lords were forced to serve Cy-Kill.
On Earth, Fossilsaurus attacked UNECOM facilities for Cy-Kill, and succeeded in breaking down Courageous into its component parts. Leader-1 announced a Guardian retreat to GoBotron, but secretly he planned a rescue mission. Leader-1 and Turbo infiltrated Thruster and freed Ulna, prompting Fossilsaurus to turn on the Renegades, and Cy-Kill was driven off.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- Challenge of the GoBots Season 2 was a virtual continuation of the original show related by Vector Prime (from his multiversal perspective) and Cy-Kill (who lived it).
- In realities where this story aired on television, it premiered on October 9, 1986.
- This episode was named in an Ask Vector Prime post on December 21, 2015.
- Boulder and Magmar are mentioned in this episode, but apparently did not appear "on-screen".
- Jaw Bone previously appeared in the GoBots: Battle of the Rock Lords movie, although he was identified only as "the Fossil Lord". The other Fossilsaurus members appear for the first time.
- The Power Warrior Courageous appears, but no fourth Guardian is identified outside of Leader-1's typical command team to man the last Power Suit.