Double Rock (ダブルロック) is two of the Rock People from Cronos, in the service of the Gyandlar.
They are 1.83 metres tall, weigh 1.2 tons and their coal body gives him a hardness of 9. Double Rock are incredibly strong and love a brutal brawl, especially using their Bomber Punch attack, while their right head can unleash a Freeze Beam and their left head a Heat Beam, making for a formidable combo. Double Rock can survive one of their heads being blown up.
Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos cartoon
- Voice actor: Kenichi Ono
Double Rock was among the Gyandlar Rocks under Gelvar's command sent to attack Korora, though they were driven off by Baikanfu after the Devil Rock Clay befriended Leina Stol. The Man from Gyandlar Later they were part of the team trying to take control of Cleo City The Heart of a Protecting Angel, those keeping the Battle Rock Java's people captive Rockgiran versus Rockdon and attacking Emerald City. Gather All Machine Robo Garudi later took the Gyandlar Rocks, including Double Rock, to fight a Machine Robo convoy at Devil's Mountain, but the group were driven off by Mask Rock. Knight of the Devil's Mountain, Mask Rock Along with Devil Rock and Geiger Rock they were sent to attack Leina, Rod Drill, Tough Trailer and Pro Truck Racer when they were separated from the rest of the Machine Robo forces. The battle went less than well for Double Rock as Pro Truck Racer blew up one of their heads and later Blue Jet finished the job with his new Blazer Cannon. Fire! Big Blazer Cannon! Either they were repaired or there were more of them in the Gyandlar's service as they were later used as bait to trick Pro Truck Racer into picking up the Devil Sword; Tough Trailer picked it up instead and promptly killed Double Rock. Curse of the Demon Sword Medusa Once again they were on hand with Devil Rock to chase Magna Rock after he discovered the location of Ruby Man, but the Gyandlar Rocks were defeated by Rom and Pro Truck Racer before they could capture their quarry. The Secret of the Jewel People They were later among the Gyandlar forces defending the Gyandlar mothership from the Machine Robo's final assault; Mighty Fortress, Heavenly Sword - Jet Don't Die! their exact fate was unknown, but the Gyandlar lost the battle. The Final Battle of Cronos
Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos
- Double Rock (1986)
- ID number: MRGR-3
- Accessories: Plasma Thunder Mace
- Double Rock was one of the Rock Robo in the Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos toyline, and coverts from robot to coal rock. It is unclear which version of the figure was released first. Double Rock has strong articulation in the shoulders, elbows, hips and knees; while the feet look like they fold, they don't.
- The same figure was issued as Sticks'n Stones in Rock Lords by Tonka, with a modified colour scheme - the Japanese release has a dark grey slate-type colour.
- Double Rock's toy retained the prototype colour scheme that was used for Sticks'n Stones' sole animated appearance in GoBots: Battle of the Rock Lords. However, for some reason the character model used for Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos was based on the colour scheme used for the Rock Lords toyline. Good work, everybody.
- While it's less prominent that in the American version, Kenichi Ono did use two slightly different voices for Double Rock and they did occasionally talk to each other.