Buggy Winner (バギーウイナー), also known as Dirt Robo, is a Machine Robo who fights for the Algo Republic on the Electronic Planet B-1.
He is a member of the Winner Robo.
Fiction[edit | edit source]
Machine Robo: Battle Hackers cartoon[edit | edit source]
- Voice actor: ?
Along with Roboshooter Gaiden and the rest of the Winner Robo, Dirt Robo returned to the Algo Republic just in time to rescue the Blue Dragons, who were attempting to free enslaved miners from the Gurendos when they were ambushed by enemy troops. The groups then linked up with the Battle Hackers and the Winner Robo's speed was crucial to freeing the workers from the yoke of Kariagen, with the Winner Robo being launched across the defensive perimeter of mines the Gurendos had put in place, with Dirt Robo flattening numerous Sitappas. A New Machine Robo Team Appears! Dirt Robo and his friends then joined the Battle Hackers. Gakurandar built a new super-cannon on the far side of a huge valley. Roboshooter Gaiden launched the team across on cables laid by Rod Drill and Tough Trailer but they began to give way when Police Robo and Dirt Robo came to cross; while the former made it the latter fell, but was saved in the nick of time by Jetter Robo, allowing the Winner Robo to destroy the superweapon. Dangerous Grand Whale
Along with the other Winner Robo he played a key role in preventing a meltdown at a furnace in the Algo Republic and save the workforce from destruction, though the team were damaged by the heat of the control room in the process. Save the Electronic Furnace of Death! After recovering, Dirt Robo returned to service. Riser! Power Up! When the Battle Hackers were sent by RIM to investigate a mysterious entity killing miners under B-1, Dirt Robo and his team-mates rashly decided to intervene and were enveloped by the sludge, needing to be saved by Drill Crusher.Break Through the End of the Earth He later participating in a gruelling battle against a Gurendos army led by Kariagen in the desert. Hot Sand Battle, Hurry Jet! He was later part of the Battle Hackers' plan to destroy a new Gurendos mobile base under the command of Shibumidas and Rikimines; while the huge vehicle was destroyed Mach Blaster was captured. Captive Mach Blaster He then took part in the team's rescue attempt in Blood Country. Goodbye - Battle Forever
Toys[edit | edit source]
Machine Robo: Battle Hackers[edit | edit source]
- Buggy Winner (Winner Robo, 1988)
- ID number: W-04
- Accessories: none
- Buggy Winner was released in Bandai's Machine Robo: Battle Hackers toyline in 1988, and converts from robot to dune buggy. As a Winner Robo, toy's conversion is semi-automatic - pressing a button on the underside of the vehicle causes it to pop into robot mode; it is also fitted with Hot Wheels-style wheels and can interact with the Roboshooter Gaiden track playset. Despite this it still retains diecast parts and some arm movement. Interestingly Buggy Winner's vehicle mode does not appear to be modelled on a real vehicle, but instead Tamiya's hugely successful remote control kit The Hornet; it is also very similar to that used for the shell of Jūdō Robo.
- Like the other Winner Robo, Buggy Winner was not released outside of Japan.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While the figure's box names it as Buggy Winner, the character sticker inside names it as Dirt Robo, as does the cartoon.
- A prototype version of Buggy Winner pictured in a catalogue shows an early planned colour scheme of powder blue and featured several differently-sculpted parts.