Countdown to Annihilation
|"Countdown to Annihilation"|
|First published||December 31, 2015|
|Story by||Jim Sorenson and Chris McFeely|
|Written by||Jim Sorenson|
The Robo Rebels stage a daring escape from the Prison Moon of GoBotron.
Leader-1 and Cy-Kill squabbled as the Monster GoBots locked them and their troops up on GoBotron's Prison Moon. The Master Renegade declared his triumph to the people of GoBotron and put them to work on his Gravity Collapsar Ray. This weapon could cause celestial bodies to collapse in on themselves, utterly destroying them. He intended to test the Ray when it was ready on the Prison Moon, eliminating his rivals before turning the Ray on Earth.
Major Mo and the Robo Rebels acquired an Astro Beam to project themselves to the Prison Moon. They split up to shut down the Power Marcher drones and free the prisoners. Once they succeeded, they reluctantly free Cy-Kill and the Renegades as well as Leader-1 and the Guardians, since everyone had a stake in stopping the Master Renegade. The GoBot armies rushed to their remaining fleets to escape while the Robo Rebels reversed the Astro Beam. The Master Renegade was prepared to fire his Gravity Collapsar Ray, however. Bent Wing and her friends returned to the surface of GoBotron just in time to see the Prison Moon completely destroyed!
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- Challenge of the GoBots Season 2 was a virtual continuation of the original show related by Vector Prime (from his multiversal perspective) and Cy-Kill (who lived it).
- In realities where this story aired on television, it premiered on October 30, 1986.
- This episode title was first released in an Ask Vector Prime post on December 21, 2015.
- Quick-Step units make their first appearance. Based on the motorized Power Marcher toys, they served as drones and army-builders for the GoBots.
- Bugsie was a member of the Renegades early in the war from "Et Tu, Cy-Kill". This is his first appearance in the modern era, as the Robo Rebels Saga takes place chronologically earlier than "GoBots: Battle of the Rock Lords" movie. Like all Monster GoBots, he has a tendency to betray Cy-Kill and side with his creator, the Master Renegade.