Conquest of the Command Center!
|"Conquest of the Command Center!"|
|First published||Fall 1986|
|Written by||Paul Kirchner|
|Illustrated by||Paul Kirchner|
The Renegades have joined up with the evil Rock Lords against the Guardians and Boulder's Rock Lords.
On Quartex, the Guardians and the Good Rock Lords have joined forces to take on the Renegades and their evil Rock Lord allies.
In the Ancient City, Cy-Kill, Crasher, and Cop-Tur are attending to a mysterious statue, making sure not to damage it. At Stronghold, Boulder alerts his teammates about the Renegade presence and they set out in the Command Center to investigate. Leaving Scooter and Nuggit to guard the ship, the heavy hitters go into the city. To occupy their time, Scooter and Nuggit read about Greek mythology.
In the city, the Renegades are met with by the Guardians and their allies and flee, leaving the statue behind. Wondering why they would want the statue, the Guardians bring it into the Command Center's cargo hold for safekeeping. Once the ship's in orbit, the statue breaks open to reveal the evil Rock Lords! They open the bay doors to let in the Renegades. Scooter and Nuggit observe the whole thing, having suspected the statue as a Trojan Horse trick like in the book they read. They sound the alarms, alerting the Renegades to their presence, but Leader-1 and the others rush in to rescue their smaller brethren. The two sides fight, and the villains decide to retreat to other part of the ship. Fooled by one of Scooter's holograms, they fall into space and swear they'll be back another day. Leader-1 and Boulder congratulate Scooter and Nuggit on their good literacy.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
|Guardians||Renegades||Good Rock Lords||Evil Rock Lords|
- As with the other GoBots Magazine strips this could fit into Challenge of the GoBots continuity easily, set after GoBots: Battle of the Rock Lords as both factions are friends with their Rock Lord counterparts.
- Cordax from the film is updated to the toyline-accurate Quartex.
- Boulder and Slimestone retain the prototype colour schemes used in the film, though.
- The 'Ask Leader-1' column names Zeemon as the first GoBot, though they spell his name 'Zemon'. He also reveals there's no such thing as a largest number.
- Scooter and Nuggit read up on the Trojan horse and are immediately suspicious of the statue. But instead of telling anyone they sit there and watch until Magmar's gang bursts out of it and let the Renegades in before pressing the alarm.
- The Trojan Horse was a prominent feature in Ancient Greek myth, to the extent where it is used as a modern metaphor.