Combiner Wars Part 2
|"Combiner Wars Part 2"|
|Airdate||February 5, 2016|
|Written by||Jim Sorenson|
All good things...
Cy-Kill and Nemesis made off with Leader-1 and Boulder, while Cop-Tur grabbed General Newcastle for good measure. Intending to hold the world leaders and generals hostage, Cy-Kill and Magmar retreated to Stonehead with their prizes.
Morale was low among the heroes after their defeat and the loss of their leaders. However, Matt Hunter was able to give a rousing speech that lifted the spirits of all who heard it. The Guardians, Rock Lords, Fossil Lords, and Jewel Lords came together to work on a plan that would save the day and rescue their friends.
Hours later, the default leading figures among the heroes approached Stonehead under a white flag to admit defeat. The cocky Cy-Kill allowed them past Magmar's Action Shock Rock drones to more easily hear their groveling. Scooter and Solitaire helplessly presented themselves before Cy-Kill, and congratulated him on the three planets he would now be ruling. This calculated response led to a squabble between Cy-Kill and Magmar over who would truly rule Quartex now.
As the Rock Warriors and Renegades made to turn on each other, the heroes sprung into action. Turbo and Solitaire engaged the enemy while Bent Wing and Tri-Trak freed Leader-1 and Boulder. Meanwhile, Small Foot helped Nuggit and Scooter get ahold of the control panel for the Action Shock Rocks, turning the Stun Stones and Blast Rocks against the Dragon Stones.
Cy-Kill realized he was losing the advantage and activated his three combiners, Puzzler, Nemesis, and Monsterous. Scooter and Nuggit turned the Action Shock Rocks against Monsterous, however, baiting the animalistic combiner into chasing them, leaving the other Renegade combiners evenly matched against Courageous and Fossilsaurus. Worse yet for Cy-Kill, UNECOM and the Command Center fleet had arrived to challenge the blockade over Quartex. He barely heard Fitor and Pow Wow report they were being boarded on Roguestar before their transmission cut out.
Hoping to reclaim victory, Cy-Kill tried to bring down Leader-1 again, as Magmar did the same with Boulder. The fight was long and furious as it raged over Stonehead. In the end, however, Leader-1 dodged Cy-Kill at a key moment, sending the Renegade overlord crashing into Magmar and both of them over the side of a cliff into the lava flow below.
In the aftermath, the tri-planet alliance treaty was finalized. The Thruster fleet had been decimated, and Roguestar was finally in Guardian hands. Magmar's Rock Warriors and Cy-Kill's Renegades were arrested to be held for trial. In a flash of inspiration, Solitaire brought Nuggit to the Clastixandria library and reawakened the lost knowledge of the Ro-Beings, opening Quartex to become a center of learning once more.
And, deep under Quartex, Cy-Kill and Magmar made their way to a hidden Thruster, ready to rise again...
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
|Guardians||Renegades||Heroic Rock Warriors||Evil Rock Warriors||Others|
- Challenge of the GoBots Season 2 was a virtual continuation of the original show related by Vector Prime (from his multiversal perspective) and Cy-Kill (who lived it).
- In realities where this story aired on television, it premiered on December 12, 1986.
- This episode title was first released in an Ask Vector Prime post on December 21, 2015.
- This effectively marks the end of "Renegade Rhetoric" continuity. Intended as the season finale of the virtual second season of Challenge of the GoBots, Combiner Wars was also the final episode relayed by Cy-Kill through his Axiom Nexus pirate broadcasts.
- A mostly unrelated GoBots feature would resurface on the "Renegade Rhetoric" page months later, running from April until July 2016. It starred the adventures of Autobot Spy Changers (who previously crossed over with a different GoBots universe in "Brain Problem Situation") as they battled Renegade Decepticons who upgraded into a new generation of Go-Bots, all based on the 1990's Transformers: Generation 2 toys of the same name.
- Cy-Kill's final message from December 31, 2016 hinted at a third season of 65 episodes starring himself, Magmar, and the Go-Bot version of Megatron carrying out a variety of fiendish antics against their foes.
- The individual Power Suited Guardians who form Courageous this episode (and last) are not identified.
- Magmar used the Action Shock Rocks last episode, but here it is confirmed he possessed all three types of the scarce toys.
- Nuggit is finally confirmed as the lost A.I. of Quartex, reawakening the lost knowledge of the Ro-Beings, as hinted at back in "Of Rocks and RoGuns Part 2".