Combiner Wars Part 1
|"Combiner Wars Part 1"|
|First published||February 5, 2016|
|Written by||Jim Sorenson|
The fate of three planets will be decided as combiners go to war!
On Quartex, Leader-1, Boulder, and Solitaire welcomed General Newcastle as UNECOM and Earth's representative for the upcoming tri-planet alliance. Magmar's evil Rock Warriors attempted to disrupt the ceremonies before they started by herding Rockasaurs into the gathering, but this proved futile. Seeing no other choice, Magmar decided to contact Cy-Kill on Roguestar for aid.
Meanwhile, Cy-Kill attended Dr. Go and Tic Tac's unveiling of Nemesis, a tank to replace the Master Renegade's Power Ship, Grungy, as part of a new Power Warrior. Nemesis would be synched to Cy-Kill's brainwaves, allowing the Renegade overlord to control the combiner personally. Cy-Kill's good mood was soured by Magmar's news of an alliance between Earth, Quartex, and GoBotron, and they quickly made plans to oppose it.
At the Ingot Ampitheater, representatives poured in for the signing of the tri-planet alliance treaty. Security was provided by Leader-1's command team as well as the Secret Riders, Robo Rebels, Boulder's tribe of Rock Lords, the Jewel Lords, Fossil Lords, and more. The treaty was interrupted by Magmar's attack, bringing his evil Rock Warriors to the north gate. Once the heroic forces congregated there, however, Cy-Kill emerged with the Renegades and Zod at the south, splitting the defenses. At the same time, Fitor and Roguestar decloaked overhead and began a blockade of Quartex.
The battle continued to escalate on the ground. Leader-1 summoned the Power Suits and the Guardians formed Courageous, only to be matched by the Predacons who formed Monsterous. Jaw Bone followed suit and merged with the Fossil Lords to form Fossilsaurus, but Puzzler emerged from the Renegade ranks to match him as well. Cy-Kill then played his trump card, revealing the Nemesis tank and refurbished Renegade Power Suits. With a third Renegade combiner under his direct control, Cy-Kill broke the Guardian combiners and carried off Leader-1 and Boulder, leaving the heroes leaderless...
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
|Guardians||Renegades||Heroic Rock Warriors||Evil Rock Warriors||Others|
- Challenge of the GoBots Season 2 was a virtual continuation of the original show related by Vector Prime (from his multiversal perspective) and Cy-Kill (who lived it).
- In realities where this story aired on television, it premiered on December 11, 1986.
- This episode title was first released in an Ask Vector Prime post on December 21, 2015.
- Nemesis is a new Renegade Power Warrior designed to replace the Grungy Power Warrior created by the Master Renegade in "Coup de Grunge". Dr. Go has been working on reverse-engineering the design ever since.
- Nick's remarks about the missing A.I. of Quartex refer to the discovery from "Of Rocks and RoGuns Part 2".
- The Last Engineer and his pregnant wife, Kelly Jeffries, last appeared in "Human Resources".
- Jaw Bone and the Fossil Lords were last seen in "Fossil Fallout".