Chains of Doom
|"Chains of Doom"|
|First published||February 3, 2016|
|Written by||Jim Sorenson|
Crazy colors are the least of the GoBots' worries when the Overseers come a'calling.
Cy-Kill's command team in Thruster was in pursuit of the Monster GoBot called Creepy in his ship, the Dromon. Creepy tried to shake his pursuers by veering near a Guardian supply depot, and caught the attention of Leader-1 and a Command Center. Cy-Kill disabled the Dromon and boarded with Crasher and BuggyMan, but Leader-1, Tail Pipe, and Blaster came after them as well. Suddenly, the ship's occupants found themselves teleported across the galaxy by alien Overseers. Seeking slave labor, the Overseers affixed cuffs to each GoBot which disabled their conversions, flight, and blasters. As a side effect, the cuffs also affected the color scheme of the GoBots' super-structures.
Cy-Kill, Creepy, and Blaster were sent to work in the engine room, Leader-1 and BuggyMan to recycling, and Crasher and Tail Pipe to manufacturing. The Overseers were creating an ultimate weapon called the A.N.Ubi.S. Cy-Kill proved to be a predictably poor servant, and ended up getting keel-hauled to the outside of the ship. Leader-1 and BuggyMan were able to fashion a key from their recycling scrap, and reconnected with most of the others. A.N.Ubi.S. was online, however, and Leader-1 reluctantly freed Cy-Kill as well to turn his firepower against the titan. Once A.N.Ubi.S. was defeated, Cy-Kill intimidated the Overseers into using their matter-superposition ray to send the GoBots back to their proper location.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- Challenge of the GoBots Season 2 was a virtual continuation of the original show related by Vector Prime (from his multiversal perspective) and Cy-Kill (who lived it).
- In realities where this story aired on television, it premiered on November 21, 1986.
- This episode title was first released in an Ask Vector Prime post on December 21, 2015.
- The purpose of this episode was to provide a canon explanation for the alternate color schemes released for several GoBot toys in the 1980's.
- Of the six, only Blaster's alternate color scheme was previously utilized. It appeared for his initial character model from "The Final Conflict" in the pilot mini-series before it was changed for the main cartoon run.
- Creepy was last seen in the employ of the Master Renegade in "Coup de Grunge". With the Master Renegade imprisoned on New Earth as of "Human Resources", Cy-Kill hopes to add his final Monster GoBots to the Renegades.