From GoBots WikiJump to navigationJump to search
During the GoBot invasion Enemy Messenger Blast launched a message ball containing the demand 'BEWARE' and then fired missiles. Friendly Messenger Rumble attempted to send a message ball saying 'SURRENDER' but, realising Renegades wouldn't listen to words, launched his own bomb instead. The two salvos collided in mid-air and harmed nobody... but the world might not be so lucky next time. Blast toy packaging
- Blast (Boomer, 1985)
- Enemy Messenger
- Accessories: 2 Messenger ball halves
- Designed by Tonka specifically for the GoBots toyline, Blast turns from a blue and yellow six-wheeled futuristic vehicle into a six-wheeled futuristic vehicle with a head and what might pass for arms sticking out of it. Blast can move forwards in either mode thanks to a battery operated motor that uses two 'C' cell batteries. Pressing a button on the back of the vehicle causes Blast to pop into his robot mode and fire his messenger ball over a short distance. The ball can be split in half so a message can be placed inside. Blast is one of the few toys to use the Renegade faction insignia. The same mould was also used for Rumble
- Blast was made available during the second series as part of the Boomers assortment (#7246) and remained available for the rest of the line's life on toy shelves.
- Blast was simultaneously issued in Guardian colours as Rumble.
- The toy was not released outside North America.
- Blast's colour scheme was used for the non-transforming Guardian Boomer seen in the Challenge of the GoBots episode "Terror in Atlantis".