Apollo Robo (アポロロボ) is a Machine Robo.
He is 111m tall, weights 2,800 tons and is armed with a Heat Ray.
Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos cartoon
- Voice actor: Katsumi Suzuki
Apollo Robo was among the Jet Tribe militia in Cleo City; he was among those mind-controlled by Nerve to attack Rom Stol and his companions, but was easily knocked out by Blue Jet. The Heart of a Protecting Angel He was later stationed at Emerald City Gather All Machine Robo, carrying out numerous reconnaissance missions from the city. Apollo Robo became besotted with Leina Stol, often chatting to her over the radio and took diversions to collect flowers for her. On one trip he was captured by Diondra. Despite torture he refused to divulge information about the city's security and was used as a shield by the Gyandlar. Rom Stol was able to free him before Apollo Robo tackled a missile aimed at the city by Garudi, diverting it into space - seemingly at the cost of his life. Cross Rock's Great Prophecy
Machine Robo: Battle Hackers cartoon
- Voice actor: ?
After the Machine Robo left Cronos and passed a dimensional gateway they re-emerged as the citizens of the Algo Republic on Electronic Planet B-1 with no memory of their previous adventures; Apollo Robo became a member of the White Thunder in the Algo Army. He was among the squad led to rescue Akira Amachi and Luke Stewart after they set out in Riser Suits to the Good Luck, providing cover fire for Mach Blaster from outside the ship. Heavy Wind, Mach Blaster! He was later called upon as transport for the Battle Hackers and their human friends during a scouting mission to space along with Big Shuttle Robo; they were attacked by Gurendos. Apollo Robo took damage but was repaired by Twincam Jimmy and Zen Ogawa. After the Battle Hackers took on the Gurendos' ship he was able to return to B-1 successfully with his crew. Crystalium Recovery Operation He was among the White Thunder reinforcements called in by Blue Jet to help drive back the Gurendos forces surrounding B-1's electronic furnace, helping drive off Sorikondar's forces. Save the Electronic Furnace of Death! Along with Big Shuttle Robo he took the Battle Hackers into space once again to destroy the Gurendos' mind-controlling satellite, with the mission being successful. Destroy the Fortress Satellite When the Grand Whale was threatened by electromagnetic missiles under the control of Yasand, Apollo Robo helped with the evacuation. The Flower of Hope Blooming on the Battlefield
Machine Robo Series
- Apollo Robo (1985)
- ID number: MR-53
- Accessories: none
- Apollo Robo was the 53rd figure in Bandai's Machine Robo Series and transforms from robot to Saturn V rocket in 5 steps. Like Submarine Robo he has surprisingly good proportions for a figure with such a thin vehicle mode, and has decent articulation in the shoulders thanks to the use of ball joints. While Apollo Robo is made largely of white plastic he is surprisingly less prone to yellowing than many of his contemporaries Like the rest of the range, the figure retailed at ¥600.
- The figure was later issued as the Robo Machine figure Apollo with no significant changes. While it was not released by Tonka for GoBots, possibly due to the danger it posed as an instrument for blunt force trauma, it was later repurposed as the character of the same name by Fun Publications.
Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos
Machine Robo Series
- Apollo Robo (1986)
- ID number: MRJ-3
- Accessories: none
- Apollo Robo was reissued for the Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos toyline in updated packaging. The figure was assigned to the Jet Tribe, and featured no changes from the original release.
- Apollo Robo briefly appears on the Battle Base in "Close Call, Land Commander 5!"; while Revenge of Cronos is often ... cavalier with its' cast it does stand out as the sole appearance of the character following his big heroic sacrifice, so it is more likely than in other cases that this is an animation error.
- The vast majority of his screen-time in Machine Robo: Battle Hackers is in rocket mode, which acquires the ability to grow to gigantic transporting-other-Machine-Robo size in the journey from Cronos to Electronic Planet B-1.