All Tomorrow's Utopias
|"All Tomorrow's Utopias"|
|First published||February 1, 2016|
|Written by||Jim Sorenson|
In 2085, GoBotron is at peace. Can Turbo and Crasher handle such a crisis?
During a fight inside a particle accelerator, Turbo and Crasher were somehow transported into the future year of 2085. Earth and GoBotron were founding members of the League of Worlds, celebrating official peace with the Renegades. Crasher naturally balked at the idea, and started a ruckus until the future versions of Cy-Kill and Fitor took her into custody. Cy-Kill promised Leader-1, Zeemon, and President Jake Hunter that Crasher would be confined until she could adjust to the new world order.
Turbo was also concerned with the peaceful future when he learned the GoBots intended to reverse their cyborg bodies and return to purely organic GoBeings. He thought the Guardians would be uncomfortably vulnerable, but Scooter countered by asking "Vulnerable to what? We're at peace!"
With no other contemporaries, Turbo tried to reach Crasher and speak to her about the new world. When he was turned away at the Renegade embassy, he snuck through the back and overheard Cy-Kill explaining the Renegades' real plan to Crasher. Once the Guardians were restored as GoBeings, the Renegades would launch an all-out attack! Turbo was spotted and chased by the Renegades, who thought him destroyed in an explosion.
At the ceremony the next day, the Guardians all seemingly returned to their GoBeing forms. When the Renegades attacked, however, they learned the whole ceremony had been a hologram cast by Scooter after Turbo warned them. The Renegades fled and hostilities officially resumed. Professor Von Joy recreated the particle accelerator incident, sending Turbo and the captured Crasher back into the past.
(Character in italic text appeared only in the future timeline.)
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- Challenge of the GoBots Season 2 was a virtual continuation of the original show related by Vector Prime (from his multiversal perspective) and Cy-Kill (who lived it).
- In realities where this story aired on television, it premiered on October 14, 1986.
- This episode title was first released in an "Ask Vector Prime" post on December 21, 2015.
- In case it wasn't obvious, Jake Hunter is intended to be the descendant of the Guardians' ally, Matt Hunter.
- In broadcast order, Weird Wing makes his first appearance this episode in the future timeline. His origin and present-day debut would come later in "Opportunity Knocks Part 2".