10 Seconds Before the Explosion! Run, Tough Trailer!
|"10 Seconds Before the Explosion! Run, Tough Trailer!" |
("bakuhatsu 10 byou mae hashire TAFUTOREERAA")
|Production company||Ashi Productions|
|Airdate||15 January, 1987|
|Written by||Nobuaki Kishima|
|Directed by||Naoyoshi Kusaka|
The war on Emerald City continues
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Tough Trailer, Big Trailer Robo and Land Giant 32 are running supplies to Emerald City when the Gyandlar launch a raid, during which Garudi uses a smokescreen that allows him and the Gyandlar Devils and Rocks to sneak inside Tough Trailer's cargo trailer. Once they are inside the city Garudi attacks, injuring Kendō Robo and Big Trailer Robo before wreaking havoc on the unprepared Machine Robo. Rom is soon alerted but Karate Robo reveals that the core computer of the city is programmed to self-destruct if it's placed in danger and Garudi's squad are soon at the building that houses it. Tough Trailer blames himself for not being more alert to the Gyandlar threat and vows to stop the facility from being breached but Garudi gains entrance to the computer, which beings its' ten minute countdown before self-destruction.
Rom and Drill confront Garudi but he carries on into the computer, leaving Geiger Rock and Devil Rock to battle the pair. Drill offers to fight them both so Rom can pursue Garudi, and Tough Trailer arrives in time to help. Rom catches Garudi but is hit by one of the smokescreens, which induces visions of his arrival on Cronos with Leina, his father and seemingly another sibling. Back in reality, Land Commander 5 at least manages to take out some of the Gyandlar troops there is only a minute left of the countdown. Rom manages to break free of the smokescreen and transform into Baikanfu, keeping Garudi busy so Drill and Tough Trailer can get at the computer. Tough Trailer acts as a decoy to draw off the computer's defence systems, allowing Drill to shut down the sequence with only a second to spare. Garudi is knocked into the computer room and realises the machine isn't powered by the Hyribead at all, leaving with his surviving troops. Back on the Varigale-X, Garudi muses to himself about Rom's flashbacks. Annoyed at another failure, Gadess meanwhile plans to lead the next attack on the city personally.
Featured characters[edit | edit source]
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It's not entirely clear if Garudi and his men somehow teleport into the trailer or if they instead manage to actually climb onboard under the smokescreen without Tough Trailer or Big Trailer Robo noticing; the later confrontation with Rom suggests there is some mind control involved.
- The Gyandlar rocks also have the previously unshown ability to submerge into concrete as if it was water.
- Police Car Robo is back as a member of the Land Commander 5 team, having presumably recovered from the injuries suffered in "Attack, Land Commander 5!".
- Gadess tells Diondra he found Garudi drifting alone in a spaceship as a child.
- A child Battle Rock defends the computer with Porsche Robo, New Shinkansen Robo and Supercar Robo.
Errors[edit | edit source]
Continuity and plotting errors[edit | edit source]
- After staying fairly consistent for much of the episode, the last minute of the countdown lasts about four times as long in screen time.
Animation and technical errors[edit | edit source]
- Casmodon and Baldas appear with Garudi's squad midway through the second half of the episode, despite not being shown with them earlier or having any chance to get into the city afterwards. They disappear again after a few shots before reappearing later on.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Blue Jet is barely in the episode, appearing in one scene to slice Falgos in half.
Home video releases[edit | edit source]
- Laser Disc